Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your least favorite Trek character

Okay, here are my least favorites, in descending order:

-Neelix (actually, he and Weasley were tied for first place, but Neelix edges out front by just a bit)
    -Wesley (PLEASE don't get me started)
    -Janeway
    -Troi
    -LaForge (anybody who mouths off to the man who's forgotten more about engineering than he'll ever learn in a lifetime, well... )
    -Barclay
    -Seven (cleavage and a bad attitude do not a good character make)
    -Rom
    -Picard
    -Data (Spiner's talented, but the role never expanded enough to show his range and he fell back on the same old routines)
    -Christine Chapel
    Rick

"I'm a soldier, not a diplomat. I can only tell you the truth."

-James T. Kirk
    "Errand of Mercy"

Originally posted by AslanC
    Geordi - Dude was a loser and a yes man. He got on my nerves from day one.
    I think you're talking about Harry Kim instead of Geordi.

Geordi could sometimes be cool. Harry was a dud in every sense of the word.

Then again, even Harry would have stood out as a great character on Enterprise.
    Voka a Bentel
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Lt. Jabara Eris
    DS18 Station Counselor, Prylar and All-Around Groovy Guy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... Let us never forget Bajor's sacrifices under the Cardassian Occupation ...
    ... http://remember-forever.tripod.com ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have not really seen DS9, Voyager or Enterprise, so I will go with Q.. super human creatures without morals.. Heaven help us..
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

We have a new winner!!!

It's no longer important who it was. Since this weekend, a new character has leapt to the fore. The B-4, that is.

Just a bad idea. Should have been eliminated B-4 a single scene was filmed.

Phantom, IMO, Sarek was how a full-blooded Vulcan should be played. Sure, he came across as cold and arrogant at first glance, but he could lighten up when he wanted to. "Why did you marry her?" "At the time, it seemed the logical thing to do."

Whenever Tuvok tried to be funny, it came across as a condescending attempt to coddle the morale of the lesser beings he was forced to serve with.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Janeway, hands down.

Inconsistant, irresponsible... I expected to hear Chakotay say "Damn it, Kathrin, pick a personality and stick with it!"
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Would there be something wrong with me if I said that my two favorite characters on Voyager and Enterprise aren't caste members, but are members of caste members?

Originally posted by whoami

-Seven (cleavage and a bad attitude do not a good character make)
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

A tie between Seven of Nine and the movie versions of Data. Wesley I didn't mind so much, having once been a 15-year-old who was a better problem-solver than most adults I knew.
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 12-16-2002 at 03:39 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Could I vote for the entire cast of Voyager?

Barring that, I would go for Neelix, although followed quickly by Barcaly/Broccoli. They were both annoying and altogether unecessary characters. Either would have been acceptable as a one-off. Neelix edges out Barcaly because he was around more often, but I saw no real point to either character. And Barcaly has the problem that he somehow graduated from Starfleet Academy AND was allowed on an exploration vessel.

One more point of brilliance for the writers of TNG...

Hmm...where to begin?

In order, from most disliked to less disliked...

1. Janeway: irresponsible and inconsistent. Should have been charged with murder over Tuvix's killing, and court-martialled for torturing a prisoner in the episode with the Equinox in it.

2. Neelix: should have just been disintegrated in the pilot. Annoying, patronising - as "morale officer", a public suicide would have been the best thing he could do!

3. Rom: idiot! Nobody that stupid and annoying could possibly be a terrific engineer.

4. Leta: (Rom's wife). If I had to hear that ridiculous "squeal" she'd do when Rom was in trouble one more time, I was going to throw a brick thru the screen.

5. Wesley: not only a smart-arse, but a saccharin-sweet one as well.

6. "Bones" McCoy: (Yes! I said it!) The series version, not the movie version. Irritating, bigoted, obnoxious and autocratic. Constantly telling off the captain on the bridge of the ship. Hmmm...actually, (and I'm sure Liz would agree), he's a pretty good rendition of most surgeons I've known!

I'm sure I could thank of some more, given time...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Thumbs down LEAST Favorite

This is easy!

Captain Janeway

Admiral Janeway

In fact any rank Janeway...I would rather watch Wesley any day of the week.

Ronin84
    "The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

Give Rom a break! He only looks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and does idiotic things. There is no evidence that he is an actual idiot

Seriously though, gotta love Rom, he's one of my favorite characters for some reason.

I really can't stand Neelix though. He looks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, does idiotic things, and I wish Rom would rig up a subspace super duper tronic ultra (50 more lines of technobabble) transporter that could have beamed onto Voyager when they met Neelix and he could have vaporized him and come back, leaving Voyager in the Delta quadrant to have it's adventures without having Neelix around.
    Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis?

Looks like you don't have to choose the one you dislike most to play this game ... nice .
    I'd go with ...
    - Janeway (for all the reasons given above)
    - Tuvok (I really don't like him, but have no idea why ... perhaps because there is nothing likeable to his character? )
    - Kirk (well, yes, sorry for that one, but how could a starship captain be such a <I>dork</I>? No wonder McCoy is always telling him off! )
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Originally posted by Jabara Eris
    I think you're talking about Harry Kim instead of Geordi.

Geordi could sometimes be cool. Harry was a dud in every sense of the word.

Then again, even Harry would have stood out as a great character on Enterprise.
    No I actually liked Harry for the most part (felt kinda bad for him in a way).

Please tell me when Geordi was cool? Cause I think we have different definitions of that word

Neelix, resident idiot, U.S.S Voyager
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon text."
    - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country