Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Icon] Valore-Class Warbird

I will explain the use of "Norexan Class"

Hi All,

I think I should clarify "Norexan Class". It is NOT from the Nemesis Website.

It comes from Deciphers Star Trek Customisable Card Game-2nd edition. The "Valdore" card.

Since the card game goes beyond the info seen in the movies/TV series for background information-new ships etc. They had established a liason with Paramount-during the 1st edition of the Game-The new information was "Approved" as "Canon". NOW
    I know this opens up a can of worms on what is "Canon" etc.

Given the fact that on a RPG site we adapt to information created for the game- This designations source holds tight-in the fact there is nothing else coming forth on this vessel at the moment.

Sadly due to the films performance I cannot see volumes of Tech data coming our way. This also leads to a question I had when I heard Decipher got hold of the RPG rights. Will they use the same established information-like for example-"Goraxus" is the name for Commander Selas Warbird-

I apoloigze for not cleary seperating the Valdores dimensions from the class designation. The Dimensions are FACT.
    "To be honest, my opinion of starfleet officers is so low. You would have to work very hard indeed, to disappoint me."

Senator Vreenak to Sisko.

Any chance of a Spacedock conversion?
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

Other data

Well, I have found other sources that state that the Valdore is actually 1,280 meters long. A size 11 class vessel I believe.

The best source is Star Trek: The Magazine, page 71.

One thing to remember though size and scale issues are always iffy at best when dealing with Star Trek

Re: Other data

Originally posted by Gul J'Rel
    Well, I have found other sources that state that the Valdore is actually 1,280 meters long. A size 11 class vessel I believe.

The best source is Star Trek: The Magazine, page 71.

One thing to remember though size and scale issues are always iffy at best when dealing with Star Trek
    What?! That sounds very close to the D'Deridex Class Warbirds Length-That just does not tally with what it is on screen. The official Visual FX Chart of the 3 Nemesis vessels Scales is available all over the place on the net. I do agree that on the whole scale and Star Trek Ships are problematic-but in this case the facts are there.
    "To be honest, my opinion of starfleet officers is so low. You would have to work very hard indeed, to disappoint me."

Senator Vreenak to Sisko.

decipher's star trek ccg cards do not establish any canon. paramount simply approved names they picked for cards which needed information. this is done in first edition and second edition cards. it is nice they filled in some information, but we know it's not canon at all. in fact, they have said it was not canon. some information on the cards are inside jokes, etc. you name it.

Romulan Warbird VALDORE

Simple, the enterprise is wanted capture, but not the norexans, remember what Shinzon said "target their engines and shields ,i dont want the enterprise destroyed". So the Scimitar's weapons was on minimal power,since Disruptors or not as good as phaser for disabling a ship, disruptors are known for they Raw Power, thus providing more firepower for same type of class vs Phaser.
    We could clearly see, that the Scimitar never fired a full volley of disruptors or photons on the enterprise by comparaison for the Norexan who sustained approximatly 15 disruptors blast at point blank range and at full power on a same spot,thus destroying the Norexan's wing, and for the valdore its about the same but with Photon torpedoes,again at point blank range on almost the same spot... disabling her.

nb: Sinzon clearly stated" i can clearly destroy you(Enterprise-E) anytime"

At the end the enterprise is wanted captured, the norexans destroyed for turning their back on Shinzon's loyalty.

so if we sit back, and analyse the situation, by simply look in the movie we cant conclude that the enterprise can sustained more or less than the Norexan, because of differences that i mentioned above. Only with official books or information about capabilities on the Norexan than we will be in better posture to determine if yes or no the Sovereign is Better overall.
    Romulans believe their way of life is best; their culture, they feel is superior to all others, and they seek to impose their culture on the rest of the galaxy, at the point of a disruptor if need be.