Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite LOTR Character.

Favourite LOTR Character.

Ok, I know this has probably been done before, but who cares? It's fun.

So, who is your favourite LOTR character(s)?

To start, mine are;
    -Boromir-A true tragic hero.
    -King Theoden-The Rohirrim have always been my favourite of the Free Peoples, even before I read the books. So, it stands their leader would be a favourite.

Perrryyy Guest
    Gollum, my precious!

Frodo's good too

I'm unlikely to see the movie, but I liked the way Strider came accross in the books.

Gimli. I've never been "big" on dwarves, until I saw the characterization of Gimli in these movies... esp the addition of his infatuation with Gladriel in the xtended DVD.

Very well done.
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

Cool

Speaking of Gimli and the actor who portrays him (John Rhys-Davies), there is a funny article about how he went from cynic to cheerleader on the set.

Pay attention to his quote at the end.

http://entertainment.excite.com/cele...18_2002_3.html
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I am, at heart a PoliSci Major. Actually International Relations, to be exact. Even though now I am part of the Medical Corps.
    Regardless.

As I was watching. I couldn't help but think. Between Froto & Sam.

Froto was the depiction of American Liberalism in Two Towers, while Sam was the depiction of American Conservativism. Or so is my opinion.

As for my favorite character. In reading the books I was very fond of Aragon, but who isn't fond of the lead? Closely followed by loyal Sam.

However, in fellowship the movie, I would have to go with Borimor, good acting, and very interesting interaction.

In Two Towers, Gollum was wonderful to watch. I love the duplicity of the character. (I'm a gemini, but believe me, not to those extremes).

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Mithranhir!!
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

I've always been a fan of Gimli.

Boromir, especially as seen in the extended edition of FOTR. I like tragic heroes, and I love Sean Bean's performance. Perfect. His fight scenes at Amon Hen in the extended edition are wonderful.

I like what they did with Gollum in TTT. Poor, pathetic thing. Just love it.

I have to admit I like Legolas as well...he's a super-freak killing machine.

Gimli all the way. I've always been a fan of dwarves.

I'm also fond of Boromir.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Simple

Samwise Gamgee, the Everyman of the story.

Without Sam's loyalty, steadfastness, kindness, and simple common sense the destruction of the Ring never would have taken place.

Sam is the example that a simple, humble individual can move mountains.

YEAH SAM!

I always liked Faramir but not as portrayed by the movie but the books.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by REG
    Speaking of Gimli and the actor who portrays him (John Rhys-Davies), there is a funny article about how he went from cynic to cheerleader on the set.

Pay attention to his quote at the end.
    LMAO!!! That's bloody hilarious!

Gimli is my favorite, as well. I've always been a fan of dwarves in the fantasy genre.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

We talkin' movie or book..? Movie? Oh, Arwen! Definitely.

Book? Probably Strider.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

It's a toss up (get it?!) between Gimli, Aragon, and Legolis

Thumbs up

Movies: Aragorn and Arwen

See <a href="http://www3.sympatico.ca/smaugrob/aragorn_large.jpg">here</a> and <a href="http://www3.sympatico.ca/smaugrob/arwen_large.jpg">here</a> for the reasons why. Tell me their offspring wouldn't make Lady Di and Chucky's kids look like Welsh Corgies.

Books: Aragorn and Eowyn. Although Galdriel is damn close depending on my mood.

Steve
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."