Thread: DS9 novels : Millenium (a question)

Question DS9 novels : Millenium (a question)

The Millenium trilogy novels are listed as part of the story after the end of the TV series. But from what I read at the back of the book, I didn't understood whether it is a "what if?", and alternate ending, an other parrallel universe, or anything else...
    Someone who read the books, please explain me when the story of that trilogy takes places, because I am not sure I want to buy them yet...
    Thanks

They supposedly take place between the sixth and seventh seasons.

I bought them with much anticipation when they first came out.

In my opinion ...
    The first book was great!
    The second book wasn't bad.
    The third book was incredibly confusing, illogical and not that much fun to read.

Some people on this board loved all three books, and you may as well.

Hope that helps.
    Voka a Bentel
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Lt. Jabara Eris
    DS18 Station Counselor, Prylar and All-Around Groovy Guy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... Let us never forget Bajor's sacrifices under the Cardassian Occupation ...
    ... http://remember-forever.tripod.com ...

Oh, and as far as whether the books are "What if" material ...

Almost all of the Star Trek books are considered wholeheartedly non-canon by Paramount.

Almost all.

All of the DS9 books since "Avatar" are officially considered "semi-canon".

A couple of years ago, Paramount told the guys at Simon and Schuester (the people who publish the Star Trek novels) that there will definitely never be any Deep Space Nine movies. The stories of the characters all ended with "What You Leave Behind". But fans want to know more, the editors at S&S said. So Paramount gave S&S license to do something that no Star Trek novel could do before -- they could develop the storylines however they want!

See, since the late 1970s, Paramount has always had a specific law regarding Trek novels -- nothing could be written that would make any major changes to the storylines. You couldn't get Janeway killed off. You couldn't blow up Vulcan. You couldn't have Riker find out he had a long-lost son. Stuff like that.

But with the new DS9 series, the gloves are off. One editor even noted that he now had the official power to elect a new Kai for Bajor, choose the gender of Sisko's baby, and even blow up Deep Space Nine.

The new DS9 novels have the power to actually affect DS9 continuity. An editor at S&S said they were "quasi-canon", I think. I, like many DS9 fans, consider them to be fully canon.

Some people also consider "A Stitch in Time" by Andrew Robinson to also be canon. And a couple of Voyager books are considered canon because they were written by the actual people who created Voyager.

But Millenium ain't considered canon.

Hope that helps!
    Voka a Bentel
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Lt. Jabara Eris
    DS18 Station Counselor, Prylar and All-Around Groovy Guy

... Let us never forget Bajor's sacrifices under the Cardassian Occupation ...
    ... http://remember-forever.tripod.com ...

that helped a lot. Thank you.