Thread: LOTR political

Talking LOTR political

Okay, I hope everybody will find this as fun as I did...
    I think the word far-fetched fits perfectly...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

This is a joke article? Right?

Some people prove that the ability to write does not demonstrate intelligence. This article is one of them.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

For all of you who find deep insight in the article linked above...

...may I suggest the book "The Pooh Perplex".

Looks like someone was smoking the BAD crack.

It also just goes to prove that you can read anything into anything if you want to, which is how comentators on literature remain employed...

Though the "comentator" forgot to mention who Saruman represents, which strikes me as just one hole in an already flimsy construction which seems based entirely on the fact that Sauron and Saddam both start with the letter "S" and both have two syllables. All his other correlations don't even meet those standards.

-Chris Landmark
    (I personally prefer the "Wizard of Oz = propaganda tract of William Jennings Bryant Populist Presidential Campaign" analysis, even though the author of it admitted that the whole point of his article was to show that you could make anything mean anything)
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Ah, it wouldn't be the first time. Remember when everyone thought that the ring represented the A-Bomb? Even Tolkien himself came out and said it wasn't so.
    Insert something clever

No what he said was that he didn't not take World War II as inspiration for his story in anyway. Though he did understand how people could construct reasonable arguments for that interpretation. What we are talking about here is a simple readers response to the events he reads.

However, I would diffenently give this guy a D+ at best.

I watched and saw the present world in the context of the story shown on the screen. But Rumsfeld as Gandolf! I would make a better argumnent that its George Sr.