Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirror Ships

Talking

After reading about the ship's medical department in the draft version of Through a Glass Darkly, I have one bit of advice for you: be your own doctor! Its results that matter to those turkeys

Dave, that's nothing. You ought to see the section on the Betazoids -- nasty!

Don

Now guys, it's no fair hinting about information in a product that we'll never see!

Greg, who was really, really, really looking forward to the Mirror Universe sourcebook

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton:
    Normally, I'd make Mirror ships pretty much identical to their "real" universe counterparts, but the Mirror Neghvar is a special case - she was shown on DS9 as being absolutely effing huge, whereas the "real" Neghvar was just bloody big. I wouldn't do this for other ships, though...

Thats what i was thinking, (Never hurts to get second opinions) i've read some of the MU novels and they have had really really nasty weapons when just mentioned, let alone the ships offense and defense capbility

And the Klingons didn't even have cloaks

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

Originally posted by Don:
    Dave, that's nothing. You ought to see the section on the Betazoids -- nasty!

Don
    Don, you're not kidding! Fascinating the way Earth finally conquered them. Did you ever get a look at the Mirror-Tiburonians? A race only Clive Barker could love...

(Sorry Greg )

Originally posted by Dave Biggins:
    Don, you're not kidding! Fascinating the way Earth finally conquered them. Did you ever get a look at the Mirror-Tiburonians? A race only Clive Barker could love...(Sorry Greg )
    <<Slight Spoiler>>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    Personally I have taken my que for mirror universe Betazoids from the Novel 'Dark Mirror', only shifted the Betazoids alliegence from Terra to the Alliance.

Betazoids in the book (Well Deanna Troi anyway) were presented as a vicious, sadistic, pleasure loving species ideally suited to filling the post of 'moral officer' read political officer, with the power to countermand the ships captain if need be and the will to torture for information just as easily as sifting a mind...

I have increased the scope and made Troi Senator Dukats aide and the power behind his rise to Emporer of the Klingon/Cardassian Alliance after Regent Worfs capture by the Rebels...

Yes, for some reason my mirror universe is starting to sound like Star Wars, but thats a good thing!

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts froma random mind!"

Originally posted by Dave Biggins:
    (Sorry Greg )

That's ok Dave...I guess I'll learn to live without the Mirror Universe sourcebook...

Who knows, maybe a group will get together here to put together a Mirror Universe fan sourcebook?

That's one I'd like to read, for certain!

Greg

------------------
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay.

The worst is Death...

Death shall have his day.

On the subject (raised recently here) of Mirror-Klingons not having cloaking devices - AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!

Sorry, had to get that one out of my system! Mirror-Klingons DO have cloaks! Watch the episode "Through the Looking Glass" again. Sisko and the Mirror-O'Brien are on a ship when several Alliance vessels decloak around them. Amongst these there are some Klingon ships, not to mention Cardassian cruisers. The whole "they don't have cloaks" thing came about as a result of the later episode "The Emperor's New Cloak", where the writers clearly forgot they'd earlier shown Mirror ships decloaking.

------------------
    "Captain? Is something wrong?"

"I just had the most terrible news. I have to attend the Annual Admirals' Dinner.
    I've faced Borg, Romulans and battle-crazed Jem'Hadar, but nothing compares to this."

Captain Matt Hunter, USS Tempest

Well thats just torn it.
    Some writer has mad a liar of me, im gonna make something out of him or not

------------------

Sure, they don't have cloaks in the DS9 Mirror Universe, but let's face it, in that universe, Earth was conquered and there in no Terran Empire. Most of us have been talking about a Mirror Universe where the Terran Empire didn't fall, so any foibles which are specific to the DS9 Mirror Universe can be safely ignored. Anything goes in alternate universes.

Well i'd like to stick to a canon mirror universe if I can.
    I still had some Terran Empire ships running around in TNG but not many.
    I'm sure a few could have escaped and stared the rebellion ala. SW

------------------

To be honest, I have to disagree with the change that DS9 brought to the "Mirror Universe". When the Terran Empire fell, the Mirror Universe ceased to parallel the events from "our" universe. After all, isn't that what a mirror realy does? Copy the actions of its "real world" counterpart?

While the DS9 universe is canon, it has ceased to truly be a "Mirror Universe". So, whenever I run games that involve the MU, I follow a timeline in which the Terran Empire never fell and all the major events that occured in "our" universe continue to be reflected in the MU. The motivations, attitudes, crew positions, ship capabilities, and minor events are just different and a bit more malevolent than the universe that we are used to.

For example: Voyager would have still gotten lost in the Delta quadrant. She just got lost while trying to destroy a small group of freedom fighters (The Maquis) who had gotten a hold of incriminating evidence or a weapon, or something.

Speaking of MU Voyager, I wonder what the Borg and Seven would have been like.

Hm. Interesting thought.

Arrow

Well, the term "Mirror Universe" was first coined by the first visitors to that universe from the Known Universe, Kirk & Co. Besides, if we took the term literally, then the Kirk of the Mirror Universe should be an EXACT reflection of the Kirk in the Known Universe, a starfleet officer and commander of the Federation vessel Enterprise, Constitution-class.

So its not really a Mirror universe but a opistie universe or a mergin of the two.
    I mean all the lifeforms at least are opposite to the trek universe or are at least influenced differently since the fall of the Terran Empire.

------------------