Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 26.87%
  • No

49 73.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is TREK-RPG.net dying?

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Sorry, NDAs signed. No talkie-talkie! In fact, I've said too much. The men in black will be by shortly to pick you up...

ooohh...I have hopes for what it is. However, if I post it by morning it will be around the world that Don Mappin is working on XXXXX.

heh.

What are you now, Drusilla? Does the moon whisper naughty things to you?

My money is on Stargate BTW!

Victims of our own success...

Hey, the reason I like the political and non-Trek threads so much is because this is the best I've found place to actually have intelligent discussions of these things (Trek fans tending to have higher IQs - true fact! - and generally be all round better people. Well, excluding TrekBBS posters...)
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

I voted yes as well because I thought it meant that whole site. I thought it was dying, although now with Don's responses about the DB system I think that I can breathe a sigh of relief and just wait patiently to see the updates

Well well well... a nice kettle of fish hath sprungth forth!

Personally, I think the website is stale, no updates biut I can understand time is a factor.

The forums I love to read and with the inclusion of Lotr I have lots more to look at!

Now Don's very lengthy and very informative post sheds a lot of light on what has been happening. I like the direction he is moving the site towards and think that this will be the place to be.

As for a new RPG... Stargate would be great but as for what system, will it matter? I can see people changing the game to Coda or D20 or Hero as they see fit and posting it here for the world to see.

Why? Because no matter what system this 'ultra-voilet level only clearance supper secret' RPG is, people will still not like it and try to make it better. And I say, good on them!

Sometimes House rules can make a game better. Of course they can really be rubbish...

Thanks Don. Great post and gives everyone something to think about.

Any chance the Star Trek conversion guide wil be fixed up???

And that was my $4.55 worth.
    Evil is Good. Good is Evil.
    Beware of Dark Teddy, Dark Lord of the Fuzz.

The problem I am having is not with TrekRPGNet but with the change from the ICON LUG system. I live in a small town, our book store still has not gotten any of the CODA books in. I am not sure they ever will. Our book store only had five LUG core books shipped in. . .they only sold two.

As I will most likely never see the CODA material (except for what is posted here) I will never be able to join in on that part of the TrekRPGNet areas. And since ICON is falling by the way side in favor of the new CODA I am felling like the kid not invited to the party since ICON is what we may ever have for our game. (I wonder if this is how people felt when FASA went away?)

Originally posted by Phoenix
    . . . out of the what 1600 members on the boards how many have actually posted...how many are even still here . . .
    I have actually wondered about that. The resent lack of ICON material here has lead me to scrounge through the members page in search of web links in hopes of finding ICON material. I have noticed a lot of the members listed have never posted. Even though they have been listed as members since the creation.

BTW. . .I didnt vote. It did not seem fair for me to do so since I have no interest in the LOR and CODA stuff that this board is heading into now. . .I just hope what ICON stuff there is here will stay. It is still my greatest source of ICON material.

And I would like to thank those that take the time to help out with my ICON posts whenever I do post one. I realize ICON is not your "main event" anymore and I appreciate your helping out nontheless. THANK-YOU!
    Last edited by redwood973; 02-25-2003 at 10:09 AM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Originally posted by redwood973
    The problem I am having is not with TrekRPGNet but with the change from the ICON LUG system. I live in a small town, our book store still has not gotten any of the CODA books in.

As I will most likely never see the CODA material (except for what is posted here) I will never be able to join in on that part of the TrekRPGNet areas. And since ICON is falling by the way side in favor of the new CODA I am felling like the kid not invited to the party since ICON is what we may ever have for our game.
    Might I suggest mail order?
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Originally posted by Greg Smith
    Might I suggest mail order?
    I would rather be able to check it out for a few days at the book store before committing to buying it. (Kind of like kicking the tires before buying a car.)
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Okay, I can understand that.

But given that it hasn't turned up in your local bookstore, you could read some reviews (there are a couple here IIRC) and take a look at the previews on Decipher's site. Then you can decide whether or not you want it.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Not dead yet

I haven't visited the boards in a while. Busy with work. I think there is still fun to be had here. As to the "I still love ICON " guys, most of the stuff in the Narrators Ready Room is general, not system specific. If you don't see enough ICON stuff, post some, and ask for more. The people posting stuff are what make this a great place to hang out.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Kinda interesting to compare this thread to the "Is Trek Dying" thread... on that, everyone said YES, wheras here most people say NO.

So what I read from that is, people think Trek is dying, but its fan base is not? That's a bit of a paradox if you ask me.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)