Thread: [CODA] Seneca Class

[CODA] Seneca Class

I have developed another Starfleet design for post DW games. This one is detailed though. I know that there has been some scrutiny as to Starfleet having too many different classes of ships, but here goes anyway! This will be PDFed but I would like comments before I PDF it!

==============================================

Production Data

Name:
    Year Launched: 2379
    Class: Seneca Class
    Type: Heavy Scout
    Origin: UFP

Hull Data

Structure: 20
    Size: 3
    Decks: 7
    Length: 140
    Height: 25
    Beam: 45
    Complement: 35

Operational Data

Transporters: 4 Standard, 4 Cargo
    Cargo Units: 40
    Shuttlebays: 1
    Shuttles: 4
    Tractor Beams: 1FV, 1AV
    Separation System: None
    Masking System: None
    Sensor System:
    Operations System:
    Life Support:
    Atmosphere Capable:

Propulsion Data

Impulse System: Class 8 (.95c) (E)
    Warp System: Class 8 (8/9.6/9.982) (E)

Tactical Data

Beam Weapon: Type VI Phasers (x2)
    Penetration: 4/3/3/0/0
    Missile Weapon: Type VI (x1)
    Penetration: 3/3/3/3/3
    Deflector Dish: Class 5
    Protection: 15
    Threshold: 1

Miscellaneous

Edges:
    Flaws:

2 H 0 C –1 T

Chapter 1: History and Missions

The Seneca class scout vessel was originally brought into service in 2379. The first ship of her class was the USS Seneca, NX-79340. After performing very well as a scout ship Starfleet Command has decided to produce more. The original idea were from around from about 2363. The thought was to make a quick ship that can be run with minimal staff in case of an emergency. The crew complement is 35, although it can be run with a minimum of three people. Although the Emergency Command Hologram has to be activated.

When this vessel was completed it showed it’s results when the life support failed on the USS Merrimack. The Seneca was dispatched and retrieved the crew with minimum casualties. She is the fastest ship in Starfleet as of 2379 and has a diverse mission spectrum. Primarily can be used as a scout or rapid deployment for search and rescue purposes. The sensors on the ship are very powerful and thus it can be used as a scientific survey, although with Nova filling that role the Seneca hardly fulfills this goal.

With the Emergency Command Hologram initiated it will control Helm and Operations. This frees those personnel to help in Engineering and Medical. In case of a boarding party encounter the ECH has a backup protocol that will automatically flood the ship with anesthezyne so that all life forms will be knocked unconscious. It will then operate the transporters if functional and beam the intruders into the brig. If they are not available then the ECH will take it into his own hands to chase down the intruders and take them to the brig itself.

With all these new technological breakthroughs this ship can respond quickly and efficiently with minimal amounts of crew. The crew will never be replaced but having the ECH takes the workload off in case of massive casualties.

Chapter 2: Decks

Deck 1: The Bridge and conference room. There are also small lockers that provide weapons for the bridge team.

Bridge: The bridge is the command center of the ship. As you walk in from the back you see one console in front of the view screen that seats the helmsmen. To the left you see the operations console next to the Engineering Console. Looking on the far right you see the Science console and next to it is an extra console for mission specific needs. Looking down the center are three chairs. The Captain sits in the middle and the first officer on the right. Any special dignitaries or the counselor would sit on the left. The Tactical station is directly behind the Captain.

Deck 2: Captain’s quarters, First Officer’s Quarters, Special Quarters for Ambassadors (2), an the impulse Engines.

The Captain’s quarters are the same size as the dignitaries. They are the biggest on the ship. The First Officer’s quarters are a tad smaller than the Captain’s. The First Officer’s office is right beside his/her quarters.

Deck Three: Crew Quarters, Mess Hall/equivalent of ten forward, Transport Room 1 and 2, and the computer core.

The standard crew quarters are comfortable. They have all the amenities, a sonic shower, bed, couch, replicator, and table. The quarters on the outside have windows to see into space.

The mess hall is small compared to those seen on the Galaxy Class ship. It will hold about twenty people sitting down at any given time. Most of the ceremonies and so forth where people are standing, it will accommodate the whole crew.

Deck 4: Shuttle bay 1, Cargo bay 1, Cargo Bay 2, Weapons Room (Lockers), Torpedo Room

The shuttle bay can hold three small shuttle craft or a Danube Class Runabout/Delta Flyer and one small shuttle.

The Weapons room is where all of the hand phasers are kept.

Deck Five: Science Lab 1, Science Lab 2, Science Lab 3, Sickbay, Holodeck 1, Holodeck 2, and the computer core.

The three science labs can be reconfigured for different mission profiles.

Sickbay is where all of the sick patients are kept. They have three bio beds and a small office for the Chief Medical Officer.

The two holodecks are standard sized holodecks. They can be configured for enjoyment or work, if the bridge is some how damaged and unsafe for the crew then one holodeck can be configured to work as a temporary bridge with the Captain and First Officer’s command codes. (If they are both incapacitated then the two highest ranking officers)

Deck 6: Main Engineers (Top Floor), Deflector Control Room, Anti matter storage tanks and plasma tanks, Chief Engineer’s Office, and Deflector Dish.

The top floor of main engineering housing different consoles for the upkeep of the ship. The second floor deals mostly with auxiliary systems that are not needed in an emergency.

Deflector control housing all of the fine tuning consoles for the Deflector. Most functions can be routed to the bridge on a normal basis. This housing the main dish’s ejection system.

The Chief Engineers officer is on the second floor of main Engineering.

Deck 7: Main Engineering (Bottom Level), Deflector Dish, Equipment room, Replication Room.

The bottom level of Main Engineering housing the consoles for the main systems such as life support, warp and impulse engines, computer core, and sensors.

A good design and detailed history, I like it. Particularly the ECH, which I include in later versions of my Aegean-class Frigate.

One thing I did notice, you seem to have forgotten the reliability ratings for the tactical systems.

Whoa...I forgot a whole bunch of stuff as far as stats...I will have to call up the stats again when I get home and will fix it...