Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worf Post Nemesis (Spoilerish)

Originally posted by Eric R.

As to Worf, just because he became an ambassador does not mean he left Starfleet. And I have resrvation about Worf in too high a position. I mean he strikes me as the perfect example of some one who might get promoted beyond his abilities (Think Hood for you Civil War Buffs) I still think command of the Definat was his true calling.
    Riker: That is one tough little ship.

Worf: Little?

-----------
    Worf: Today is a good day to die. Prepare for ramming speed.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I liked Nemesis, but I felt like it was written by someone who had only seen Next Gen, the last few movies, and at least one ep. of Voyager. My reasons:
    1) made so abundantly clear here; Worf has another job! Who would leave a great post among his own people, and a real chance to bring them into the Fed. to sit behind a panel and say, "We are being Hailed.", or to (quite rightly) suggest that shields be raised, only to be countermanded?

2) Wesley, I thought he was out "exploring the universe" with the "Plot device that walks like a man", the Traveler?

3) why was Data acting like 3rd season "I-am-an-Android-I-do-not-understand-humanity-and-I-have-no-emotions Data? Did I miss the "had to reboot his core progamming after he followed the kid from Insurrection's instructionsand played with a plasma conduit" bit while going out to the lobby?
    I kept looking for Geordi's visor.

Originally posted by Tricky
    I kept looking for Geordi's visor.
    LaForge now has optical implants, which I think is way cooler then the VISOR, IMO of course.

He has had them since First Contact, which is about 4 years past (I think).
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

I may be mistaken here, and I don't have the 3rd/4th seasons on DVD to check, but didn't Picard rip Worf a new one...after he killed Duras, I think?

I'm sure I remember Picard saying outright to Worf: "With this on your record, you will never receive your own command."

Plus, then, there's when he dumped a mission to rescue Jadzia in DS9.

I can't see Worf going past Lt Cmdr, personally...to undisciplined and unpredictable.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Originally posted by Aldaron
    I may be mistaken here, and I don't have the 3rd/4th seasons on DVD to check, but didn't Picard rip Worf a new one...after he killed Duras, I think?

I'm sure I remember Picard saying outright to Worf: "With this on your record, you will never receive your own command."

Plus, then, there's when he dumped a mission to rescue Jadzia in DS9.

I can't see Worf going past Lt Cmdr, personally...to undisciplined and unpredictable.
    It was Sisko that sais that to Worf in 'Change of Heart'. Picard did give Worf a dressing down but not nearly as harsh as Sisko's IIRC.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Actually Worf is a full Cmdr. in this one. I hadn't noticed while watching the movie but when looking at pics from it I noticed he was wearing cmdrs pips. LaForge & Data are still only Lt. Cmdrs in it(even tho Data is to be Riker's replacment as 1st Officer)

Really? Do you have a link for that?

Later Days!

Mark
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'

I noticed it in ST:the Magazine & Communicator. the latter has a better pic of Worf, in the center of the mag is a group pic in which you can clearly make out Worf's ,Crushers' & Riker's rank pips ,but Geordi & Data are facing the wrong direction to see their pips.But in other pics in there you can clearly see their ranks. was disapponted to find out Worf wasn't going to be 1st after Data's death.

How would you describe Janeway, then? I believe Starfleet had only two options to handle her. Either imprison her for life for several violations of temporal regulations and other stuff or take away her ship, make her an Admiral and place her behind a desk where she can do no further harm.

While I, personally, would have loved the first one they choose number two because she at least managed to bring her ship back to Earth in one piece.

And regarding Worf being the next in the line to becoming XO, I don't think he will be.
    Data's memory is still stored in B4's brain, remember. So, I believe that they will bring Data back, as they did with Spock in ST III. Although they stole many elements from ST II, including the death of a main character with the possibility of return, I think the way back to life is even more plausible than in the original source.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Originally posted by Ergi

And regarding Worf being the next in the line to becoming XO, I don't think he will be.
    Data's memory is still stored in B4's brain, remember. So, I believe that they will bring Data back, as they did with Spock in ST III. Although they stole many elements from ST II, including the death of a main character with the possibility of return, I think the way back to life is even more plausible than in the original source.
    That was lame IMHO. It made a mockery of Data's death, 'cos we know even before it happens that he has backed himself up. At least with STII Spock got a great death scene, and we beleived he was dead for a coupl of years. The only doubt over whether Data returns is whether Brent Spiner gets offered enough $$ to return.

Oh, and why didn't they just switch of the super-weapon thingy? Or maybe Data could have had two miniature transporters. Lame death on all counts.

Back on topic, I don't see why Worf can't be an ambassador and a Starfleet officer. Any one know of a modern day precedent?
    Greg

Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Why not set the phaser to overload and both beam out at same time (time for a big hug!)?

Originally posted by ComaBoy
    Why not set the phaser to overload and both beam out at same time (time for a big hug!)?
    Exactly. Big dumb sacrifice.
    Greg

Madworld, Donnie Darko.

There surely would have been a better way, but I have no problem accepting the one they chose for the sake of the story.

Originally posted by ComaBoy
    Why not set the phaser to overload ...
    I don't believe that would have been possible since there have only been some seconds left and AFAIK a phaser takes about 30 seconds until it overloades.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

When I first saw Nemesis I liked it. Sadly, the more it sinks in, the more it kinda ticks me off.

Although the afforementioned points are not really canon YET (nothing was mentioned in the film about Worf or Wesley... wonder if the DVD will change that?)... the thing that really bugs me is the Scimitar. That thing was just way too unbelievable...

*sigh* Oh well.