Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nemesis "lowest-grossing Trek film EVER" ?

The film, as of last weekend, has made about $42.5m, of which it made about a half million last week. It seems likely that it will close around $45m, $10m less than what the arguably worst Trek film ever (V) made.

I think if Paramount doesn't spend some time examining how that happened, they're idiots.

Another nail in the coffin of my desire to see Nemesis

Originally posted by REG
    It's more like the last 30 minutes that is worthy of excitement. Can't help it, space battles turns me on.
    Hmmm, pay six bucks to see a movie in which just the last 30 minutes is worthy of excitement? Blah.

Unhappy Trek is doomed

In response to the question about the studios willingness to proceed after the bottoming out of Nemesis. It has been repeatedly quoated by the executives and the actors during interviews that it all depends on how well THIS film does in the box office. On that note the franchise will be hard pressed to convince Paramount/Viacom to produce another film. As a matter of business it would appear to the executives that Star Trek no longer draws the audience it once did......for whatever reason.
    You will find adventure, or Adventure will find you.

Re: Another nail in the coffin of my desire to see Nemesis

Originally posted by Ineti
    Hmmm, pay six bucks to see a movie in which just the last 30 minutes is worthy of excitement? Blah.
    Kinda like Episode II?

Re: Re: Another nail in the coffin of my desire to see Nemesis

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Kinda like Episode II?
    And Episode I! The only thing worth a damn in that movie was the final duel between Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Maul.

Cool Welcome!

Oh, and welcome to the boards, James!

Arrow Re: Trek is doomed

Originally posted by James Hogge

In response to the question about the studios willingness to proceed after the bottoming out of Nemesis. It has been repeatedly quoated by the executives and the actors during interviews that it all depends on how well THIS film does in the box office. On that note the franchise will be hard pressed to convince Paramount/Viacom to produce another film. As a matter of business it would appear to the executives that Star Trek no longer draws the audience it once did......for whatever reason.
    I can think of one. Nevertheless, the damage is done. The whole franchise has been so overused for the last 15 years, it deserves a long vacation.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by Admiral Wolf
    .......2nd: The story, while "ok" for a Trek was IMHO just more retreaded story line from the TV episodes...

I mean come-on, yet ANOTHER Data "brother" (and it was not even Lor somehow retured). You mean to tell me THIS was the best they could whip up ?

My .02
    I think that's the problem with the last two trek films....They're too much like a three part season finale. You would think a movie ought to give a grander scale for the crew but it doesn't. I don't know maybe a bigger budget if possilbe or just a better story with a different feel. Whenever i watch the first three or four trek films along with the sixth, seventh and eighth, i get a different vibe from what i'm used to with the TV series.