Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you like about Nemesis?

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Any chance of getting this thread back on topic?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Don Mappin

Thanks.
    Amen

Originally posted by Don Mappin

Thanks.
    Don't say I never try to help.

Ok, I did like Ron Pearlman as the Viceroy. I do have to put a negative point here, he was way under used. But, I did start with a positive.

Originally posted by Phantom
    I did like Ron Pearlman as the Viceroy. I do have to put a negative point here, he was way under used. But, I did start with a positive.
    Well it wouldn't be you Phantom if there wasn't a negative with the positive.

Two positives in a row? You okay? Do you want to lay down?

Okay I also liked the look of the Scopions. I thought they were keen

Originally posted by AslanC
    Well it wouldn't be you Phantom if there wasn't a negative with the positive.

Okay I also liked the look of the Scopions. I thought they were keen
    I'll give you that, the Scorpions looked cool, but flying one down the corridor of a ship? Sorry about the negative...I am trying...really.

OK, back on track here:

1) Riker finally getting his 4th Pip, he's long over due, and I think should make One Pip Admiral in under a year.

2) Seeing the Enterprise in all her glory once more. OK, so she had to ram at the end. But if anyone has read the ST:Avenger one notes that if you still have a considerable SIF left, or shields, you can use the sharp edge of a saucer section like a razor.

3) The background story, of the non talking Welsey Crusher. So why is he back in a Star Fleet uniform? Was that one or two pips that I saw in that 3 second shot? Did the Traveller get sick and tired of him always finding the answers before he?

4) That Romulan Commander. Someone who I'd like to see in the next movie.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I liked the battle sequence.

I liked the new Warbirds.

The rest was weak.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

1) Shinzon, all the way. COOLEST TNG MOVIE VILLIAN! This guy rules!

2) Riker and Troi's wedding. Great lines from Picard, and Data singing was a riot.

3) The Scimitar. I want one of those for my birthday this year!
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!
    I actually had a lot of fun watching Nemesis, despite the clunky parts. Right from Stewart's excellent work during Picard's toast, I knew I would enjoy myself.

1) Picard's toast
    2) the way the script acknowledged that these chaarcters have been together for 15 years
    3) The ram
    4) Data's space dive (why has noone thought of this before?)
    5) the costuming (whoever decided to get rid of those ridiculous Romulan uniforms from the series should be given a medal. Nice throwback to the TOS Romulan uniforms)
    6) the Scimitar
    7) seeing lots of Romulan (and Reman)...stuff.

Oh, and FINALLY, after two movies, we finally get some nice reverent beauty-shots of the Enterprise-E. About time.
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

I liked Shinzon (as a character, that is), and I liked the dialogues between Picard and Shinzon. I thought the script and performance did a good job portraying him as pathetic and petty in a sophisticated way, and it reinforced well the message that Shinzon could have been better than he was.

I liked the regular cast's character moments. I regret some of those that were edited out.

I liked the hints of Reman compassion (although those were too underplayed in favor of the "looming villain" motif), and I liked seeing the Romulans express some sense of honor and morality when Shinzon's real objectives became clear.

I liked the "wake" scene with the toast and Riker's story. It put a human face on Data's death and the crew's grief, and personalized it in a way that Spock's funeral didn't.

I liked the coda scene as B-4 integrates some of Data's memory and Picard sees that glimmer of hope. I would rather not see that become a "resurrection" for Data--rather, I imagine B-4's integration of parts of Data's identity as a kind of afterlife.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Saw it last night. Only 5 days after its UK release and only 20 or so folks in the cinema.

I liked:

The ramming.

Character moments.

The fight with the cloaked Scimitar.

The new Warbirds.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Things I liked about Nemesis.

1) The sets.
    2) Some of the script.
    3) Dina (Hubba-hubba) Meyer as a Romulan (not that I recognised her since the only other thing I've seen her in was Starship Troopers).
    4) The fact that they used the dry dock music from The Motion Picture for the shots of the E-E being repaired at the end.
    5) The bloke who used to play Jim Robinson in Neighbours as the chief Romulan at the start.
    6) The ships.
    7) Actually spotting the guy who directed X-Men as a Tactical officer (He's in the film for something like 3 seconds taking over from Worf when the Remans beam on board).
    8) The front of the bridge getting blown out (or is it up).
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Arrow

Originally posted by silverthorn

7) Actually spotting the guy who directed X-Men as a Tactical officer (He's in the film for something like 3 seconds taking over from Worf when the Remans beam on board).
    Wait a minute. Bryan Singer made a brief appearance in the movie?

Would have loved to see Halle Berry (* wolf whistles *) and Hugh Jackman (the guy has the face of a nobleman) as Romulans.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer