Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did you like about Nemesis?

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Yes, Bryan Singer (in a moment of brain-not-workingness I couldn't remember his name) is in Nemesis.

Apparantly he's a big Star Trek fan and Patrick Stewart organised him a cameo as a birthday present.

Apparantly he had a line of dialogue but it was cut (it'll probably be on the DVD).

He's the officer who replaces Worf at Tactical as Worf goes to open up a family size bucket of whup-a*s on the Reman boarding party.

I knew Bryan was in the movie since he raved about being on the set of Nemesis in a magazine interview last year and recognised him from seeing on the special features on the X-Men movie DVD.

As a afterthought, here's another thing I liked about Nemesis.

9) The high quality of the trailers before the film. Matrix sequels, Terminator 3 (that looks so sweet) and Daredevil (I was shocked it didn't look like it will suck as much as I expected).
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Ok, finally got time (and a babysitter) to go see Nemesis:

1) Data's death...very well done, best death in Trek yet.
    2) The new Romulan Warbird (light) coooool
    3) Nebula battles rock...but the cloaking should have been noticed...Mr. Worf aim for the big hole in the gases...
    4) Shinzon, goes to show Tactical Genius is a heritage.
    5) Diz...a Romulan, I thought she looked familar, with everyone else on the "Hubba Hubba" and with honor.
    6) Didn't care for the wedding singer bit that much...but it was better than "An Ode to Spot".
    7) Did I mention nebula battles rock!!! Ran out of torpedoes, damn!

All in all, I found it enjoyable. Worth the ticket price.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Finally saw Nemesis. I like it overall. The high points for me:

1) The wedding sequence. Picard's toast and Data's song were both outstanding.

2) The battle sequence. Scimitar vs. Sovereign, with the fate of Earth in the balance. Ramming demonstrated just how dedicated these people really are. Data's death was well done.

3) The interplay between Picard and Shinzon was well done.

4) Riker got his fourth pip! It's about time! I'm looking forward to "Star Trek XI: The Voyages of U.S.S. Titan."
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.