Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Memories

Star Trek Memories

Okay in my continuing effort to bring back to love of Star Trek and get away from all the bashing, I want you all to post your favorite moment in Star Trek movies or television.

I'll start.

TOS The Enemy Within

In this one scene evil Kirk steps out and Crewman Wilson is walking along and Evil-Kirk demands his phaser, and then asks him how he's been. When Wilson answers to the positive, Evil-Kirk gives him this over the top look and Karate Chops him.

My friends and I have reinacted that scene so many times... come up with alternates, etc... I love that episode.

I love the camp of it, the comedy and even the darker aspects of a man being divided into his component aspects.

More will come as I think of them... how about you?

oh lets see.....

one of my fav episodes, though I can not remeber the name, I think it was Chain of Command. When Picard and Bev and I think it was LaForge go on a mission to Cardassia. the Cardie dude...what was his name, asks him how many lights there are. Picard says "there are 5 lights" and then the cardie says something ii think he said 7, but there was really 5, I have seen that episode about 10 times, lol, I love it.
    Ulaire Chang, Dark Lord of the Sith
    AIM: ensigndan
    MSN and Hotmail: ensigndan@hotmail.com
    Yahoo: chang1701

Recently watched TNG's Who watches the Watchers for the first time (yes, there are big gaps in my Trek knowkledge).
    I really really loved the scene where Picard tries to explain technological progress to the Mintakian leader : "You now leave in huts. Did you always leave there ?" "Now, at one time we lived in caves." "Why are you living in huts now ?" etc...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

The final moments of the best of both worlds part 1.

Everyone wants to bring Picard back, but Riker knows they'll only get one shot at stopping the Borg...

"Mister Worf, ...."
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Okay, I admit it -- I cry every time while watching "The Inner Light" during the scene when Picard's wife dies. And at the end, when Picard is clutching the flute to his chest while looking out to space.

Damn, that's a good episode.
    Voka a Bentel
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Lt. Jabara Eris
    DS18 Station Counselor, Prylar and All-Around Groovy Guy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... Let us never forget Bajor's sacrifices under the Cardassian Occupation ...
    ... http://remember-forever.tripod.com ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are all good

heres another one, " The Way of the Warrior"

The battle at the end, The 1st fleet battle shown in Trek and one of the best

Loved the Torpedo's eye view as it headed for the D7 and then the D7 disintigrating.

1/2 expected Sisko to say to Gowron before the right before the battle started

"Now, Gowron, witness the firepower of this fully armed, and OPERATIONAL, Cardassian battle station! Fire at will, major!)

Some of the classic TOS bits always get a chuckle:

Arena:

Spock: Apparently, we are being held from that solar system.
    Kirk: This far out? That's impossible!
    Spock: We are being held.

Return to Tomorrow:

Kirk: Starships, the size of the Enterprise ... with engines the size of walnuts!
    Scotty: Och! Y'er kidding!
    Spock: No. He's not.
    Scotty: Well, I suppose it wouldna hurt to look at the plans...

My favorite Trek moment is watching DS9's "The Visitor" for the first time. That episode rocks. Kicks my butt every time I see it.

I still remember the first time I saw Yesterday's Enterprise.

But, I think Chain of Command is the most memorable. They finally had a real Captain make an appearance in the form of Capt. Edward Jellico.

"Levek each of your ships has a mine on its belly, my finger's on the trigger, and your in a real bad situation."

That has got ot be my favourite line out of all of Trek. That and "Target that explosion, and fire."

Too many memories to pick just one favorite, but I would say that my favorite speech is "Quark's Rootbeer Speech" from Way of the Warrior.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Perrryyy Guest

Talking

DS9 Ep "Melora"

She crawls accross the floor, turns off the gravity & catches the bad guy.

That and "Endgame". Meant we were finally rid of Voyager!

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Choose my favourite moment in Star Trek.

One, moment out of all of Trek. You must be frelling joking.

After much deliberation, I've cut it down to one from each show(and that took time).

TOS: Devil in the Dark: Spock mind-melding with the Horta, the most memorable moment of the series.
    TNG: Best of Both Worlds part I. All of the episode. The sequence on the holodeck with Stephen Hawking from Descent, Part I comes a close second for the "What the f***" factor of seeing him in Star Trek.
    DS9: It's only a paper moon. The sequence where Nog realises he has to go back into the real world (and Vic shuts down his own program).
    VOY: The 37's. The moment when Voyager first flies into the atmosphere of a planet, mostly because I hadn't heard in advance that it was going to happen.
    ENT: Carbon Creek. The velcro bit.
    THE MOVIES: TWOK. Spock dying.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Worf

"Captain, I must protest. I am NOT a Merry Man!"
    Kim Quintin

The use of unnecessary force has been authorized.