Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: STRPG release schedule!

The Narrator's Screen, I believe

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Originally posted by mattcolville
    It's a collectible book. You might get 30, or 37, or 50 or who knows?
    FAN-tastic. I knew Decipher would be able to fold the CCG idea into their RPG lines.

Just think of it. You sell the covers to a new supplement separately, and have 10 page booster packs. Each pack contains several common pages, a couple uncommon pages, and one rare page.

And the clever layout people will make sure that all the rare pages have all the important stat stuff on them.

And the Index must be made up of premium pages only available at conventions or tournaments or something.

Brilliant!

Originally posted by Phantom
    Ok, what is this count down about? The next release? What is it?
    It's an annoying way to say how many days are left in January. They're trying to be amusing, but it's not working well. (The NS is supposed to ship in January; it appears that they're trying to set Decipher up for another fall if they don't have it in their hands by the end of the month.)
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Yeah, they are a bit premature in the countdown.

Still, if they ship like everything else you can find on sale in comics/games/memorabilia catalogues, then something that ships in January will arrive in stores no later than the first couple days in February. This ain't the "4-6 weeks for delivery" that Time-Life books has.

So if it ain't in by the end of first week in February, it didn't ship in January.

Assuming that there isn't another delay.

Which remains a questionable assumption at best.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I think I originated this countdown, by noticing there was 23 days left in January, and that I decided to trust Decipher, so I'd have to wait 23 days to get my greedy paws on it.

And please don't assume that if people make a countdown they are ready to bark at Decipher if it's late. Sometimes we just like to be goofy.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by C5
    Sometimes we just like to be goofy.
    Exactly. Thanks C5 for defending your fellow countryman .
    (Oh, well, that and desperatly trying to increase my post count to keep up )

Anyway, I saw it more as a fun way to wait without feeling too impatient rather than an ultimatum to decipher, but if this bothers other people, I'll resort to counting weeks .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Originally posted by Calcoran
    Exactly. Thanks C5 for defending your fellow countryman .
    (Oh, well, that and desperatly trying to increase my post count to keep up )
    My pleasure (and increasing my post count too )

Originally posted by Calcoran
    Anyway, I saw it more as a fun way to wait without feeling too impatient rather than an ultimatum to decipher, but if this bothers other people, I'll resort to counting weeks .
    Ok let's start then...

2 !!!!

"The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by C5
    And please don't assume that if people make a countdown they are ready to bark at Decipher if it's late. Sometimes we just like to be goofy.
    Forgive me if I laugh.

Hah!

Many many members of this board have been quick and eager to jump all over Decipher's case for missing their release dates. I don't see this as any different.

Originally posted by C5
    My pleasure (and increasing my post count too )
    Ok let's start then...
    2 !!!!
    Actually, that'd rather be two and a fifth or something .

Originally posted by Ineti
    Many many members of this board have been quick and eager to jump all over Decipher's case for missing their release dates. I don't see this as any different.
    AFAIC, I'm beyond complaining about Decipher's lateness now. That would be like, say, complaining about the traffic in a big city.
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by Ineti
    Forgive me if I laugh.

Hah!

Consider yourself forgiven. That was actually the expected reaction (laugh, I mean) .

Now if you prefer to consider that you know better than I do how to interpret what I wrote, be my guest .

Final countdown about to begin...

11 !

(Yeah, I resumed counting. SO WHAT ? )
    Terry Pratchett

I've got the popcorn cooking. I just can't wait to see if this is a countdown to happiness, or disaster.

*crunch crunch*

As for me, the end of the countdown will either be a race to my LGS followed by extatic posts full of capital letters (no relation to Death ) ... or the beginning of another, longer, disenchanted countdown.

Hey I should start it already just to be prepared.
    Minus 345 and counting....
    Terry Pratchett

Smile

Hah, I don't really mind the NS being.. late.. this way I can buy some other stuff first.

(Wow, from my point of view that sounds stupid... Local railways are called NS and they're always late ...)

I would like to own the NS but I don't mind it if it comes late. All I care about is that DEC doesn't drop the line. I'd even be happy with one book a year if it kept the line going.

--Fraker