Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: STRPG release schedule!

Originally posted by Fraker
    I would like to own the NS but I don't mind it if it comes late. All I care about is that DEC doesn't drop the line. I'd even be happy with one book a year if it kept the line going.
    I want to see Decipher continue the line too, for a looooong time. There's so much that can be done! (But that's a different thread.)

I don't think one product a year would be very profitable...though it would stand to reason that that one product would be error-free...

I can't get excited about the NS. I want books with material to read and provoke the neurons that form advantures.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

I can't wait for the NS!

...and I'd truly like official adventures.

That's what I regret most...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

I hope Decipher post release date for the NS soon.

It's Jan 20th already.

Originally posted by KillerWhale
    I can't wait for the NS!

...and I'd truly like official adventures.

That's what I regret most...
    Decipher have promised us adventures on their website. And they'll be free!
    Greg

Madworld, Donnie Darko.

First website adventure game module:

DecTrek II: The Search for Our Product!

Play Captain Troy Whazisname and the crew of the USS Bermuda Triangle as they try to discover the true locations of Decipher's upcoming books!

I love Decipher. Long live Decipher. Long live Coda Trek.
    *glassy stare*
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I'm so excited. I just got both guides for $20 a piece on Amazon.com. Which does qualify for free shipping. In addition. I learned that you can also have the Share the Love program and others that you recommend can get an additional 10% off and you get some Amazon.com referal credit.

Learned something..never buy at specialty shops...they always seem to charge MSRP.

Well...going to learn and hopefully get a chance to play it. I've just finished my first run of all of the player's manual. That's so much info...are narrator's expected to remember almost most of it?

That's so much info...are narrator's expected to remember almost most of it?
    No, there's supposed to be a Narrator's screen to help with that sort of thing.

It is due out this month.

rrgh... can't hold it in...
    *snicker*

Due... do... doo-doo...
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Thumbs up

[I don't think one product a year would be very profitable...though it would stand to reason that that one product would be error-free... [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. This was of course not my point. the line must be profitable. end of story.

But thank you for pointing it out. I feel that the profitability is forgotten by too many people. Star Trek is a product. It IS close to our hearts. but it is a product. A pretty cool product actually .

I know it is hard to switch from thinking in trek fantasy to real life.. but real life dictates the business world (Though after reading dilbert this is questionable.)

--Just my two creds. Fraker.

Originally posted by CokoBorg
    Well...going to learn and hopefully get a chance to play it. I've just finished my first run of all of the player's manual. That's so much info...are narrator's expected to remember almost most of it?
    The narrator really needs to be familiar with the rules, if not downright immersed in them. As long as you know enough to wing it once you're in the game, you'll be fine.

Fortunately the CODA system is easy to pick up. The details are what'll take a while to learn. So many things can modify rolls and TNs...the narrator's screen will hopefully have lists of those modifiers in one handy place.

(naysayers insert smarmy comment here)

Originally posted by Ineti
    The narrator really needs to be familiar with the rules, if not downright immersed in them. As long as you know enough to wing it once you're in the game, you'll be fine.

Fortunately the CODA system is easy to pick up. The details are what'll take a while to learn. So many things can modify rolls and TNs...the narrator's screen will hopefully have lists of those modifiers in one handy place.

(naysayers insert smarmy comment here)
    I agree with most of your points;
    -Familiarity with the rules is a must
    - The CODA system is incredibully easy to pick

But spending half of what you shelled out for the game for a piece of cardboard and a really thin book?

Don't think so. Why is it the 'narrator's screen' is always the first out, when really useful info can be put forth? In my history as a gamer I have bought two screens (Ars Magica and L5R) and ended up using what was at hand any way, most of the time nothing. If you need a rule, copy it somehow, you don't need to rush out and get taken with screens.

Note: this is not aimed directly at Dec., it is aimed at the industry as a whole. Two words "Cash Cow."

This of course falls under the IMNSHO.

Well, so many RPGs rely on charts and such that it would be really nice to have all those charts in one place to save on flipping through a book during the game. I like GM screens, but I don't think I've ever seen one that addressed all my needs. I'm always feeling "I needed this chart on the screen, and they gave me that one instead. What a waste."

If I could come up with my own, on nice cardstock, I would, but I manage okay by using the game-specific one and paper-clipping my own stuff onto it as needed. I'd say I use about 80 percent of any given published screen.

Anyone have a link to those cool blank, customizable GM screens that are available?

And yeah, it is a cash cow. It's an easy add-on purchase. Got the game? You need the screen! Just $10!

Oh, as an aside to the screen being the first supplement published in a game line, it's probably because none of the content on the screen needs to be developed. It's just cut and paste from the core book(s) and onto a screen.

You're paying for the same work, just presented differently.

Originally posted by Ineti

Anyone have a link to those cool blank, customizable GM screens that are available?

Ask and you shall receive: http://www.citizengames.com/masterscreen.htm
    Greg

Madworld, Donnie Darko.

One week remaining...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett