Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: STRPG release schedule!

Originally posted by qerlin
    Do I get free breadsticks with my NS?
    Yes but they are a bit stale since they arrived at the warehouse in August.

I think I may wait till the LOTR screen come out also and order both from Barnes and Noble and get a slightly reduced price and free shipping.

Originally posted by Antonsb214
    So, what's included with the narrator's screen, and how big will the Starships book be?
    Reposted from the the beginning of the thread...

Narrator's Screen
    A four-panel, color, foldout screen containing numerous tables from both the Player's Guide and Narrator's Guide, as well as forms that can be photocopied to record details used to create alien species, creatures, and settings. Also includes a 16-page booklet of additional tables and forms. MSRP: $14.95
    January 2003

Starships
    A 208-page, full-color, hardcover book providing extensive reference material for starships from the Star Trek universe. Includes illustrations and detailed descriptions of over 35 starships and shuttlecraft. MSRP: $34.95
    March 2003
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

I waaant the Starfleeet operatioooon booook!!! whine, whine, whine...

"The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Thumbs up Narrator's Screen Nears!

A link from the Decipher boards to a news report of the NS' arrival at a games distributor.

http://calder.decipher.com/cgi-bin/msgbd?st-rpg-discuss$22756-1799$1

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Originally posted by First of Two
    When we start getting reports of players who have gotten / received the screen, I will be the first to congratulate Decipher on a job well done (finally!)
    Time to pony up -- I picked up the Trek and LotR screens today.

Reviews shortly.

Originally posted by Don Mappin

Reviews shortly.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

--drool--

"The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!
    Originally posted by Don Mappin

Reviews shortly.
    (sound of fingers drumming on table, waiting...)

If I may ask or suggest, could you list what exactly is on the screen (what charts, tables, whatever), and what is in the booklet that comes with it? That'd be cool.
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

Originally posted by Kirok
    (sound of fingers drumming on table, waiting...)

If I may ask or suggest, could you list what exactly is on the screen (what charts, tables, whatever), and what is in the booklet that comes with it? That'd be cool.
    Someone's not reading the threads. Don's already posted that info here.

Enjoy!

MMMmmm. Crow!

*chomp chomp slobber*

Congratulations Decipher on getting a product out during the month it was supposed to come out. On this try.

On the other hand, I've just read Don's review, and with yucky char. sheets and pre-eratta charts, I'm most definitely going to give this one a pass (what, none of that could have been corrected during the six-month delay?).

On the gripping hand, I wasn't real big on buying a NS to begin with, but this timely release hopefully means that things are back on track for the other releases, which I still do and always have intended to pick up.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I personally was only going to buy the NS as a set thing. Just to have everything for the RPG, I personally like BrianK's screen and will be using it. I just want the SOM to be out by the 16 of February.

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    ...I personally like BrianK's screen and will be using it...
    Where can this be found? A search on "Brian K" doesn't reveal much. I'd like to take a look.

Click on the link in my sig or go to http://www.ltcmdrmatt.com/CODAcharts.pdf

Narrator Screen

So, even with the NS arriving, people will find a way to gripe about things. Now, I am also disappointed that the screen carries erros pointed out in errata that haven't been corrected (on the other hand, the phaser damage table is corrected, damn asterik).
    However, I am glad the product is out. I will buy one or two screens. I will look forward to the other product as listed on the release schedule.
    By the way, fixing errata in the Limited Edition would be REAL nice if anyone at Decipher wants to learn a lesson from this. Errata in a NS based on the orignal printing is one thing, but for a LE set, it may be inexcusable.

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Its been a long time coming, but what is it about the NS that we're all getting so excited about? It's essentially an overdue piece of printed cardboard.

I just hope we see some more releases from Decipher in the near future