Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 reasons LOTR sucks!

OK Robert, you got me there. That one WAS funny.

Though if it were the other way 'round, well. Giving up immortality for Liv Tyler... hmmmmmmm, tempting

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

No, I got it, I just didn't find it remotely funny.

Remind me to post the "50 reasons why Return of the Jedi sucks" from the Unofficial Guide to Star Wars. Much funnier - because most of the points are true:

#12: Stormtroopers have suddenly become pussies "Look out - teddy bear creatures! And they've got primitive, handmade weapons! Let's forget our years of military training and advanced technology, and run away!!"

#50 The Sarlacc as Freud's vagina dentata. Come on, like it never occurred to you...
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Arrow

Originally posted by Capt.Hunter

#12: Stormtroopers have suddenly become pussies "Look out - teddy bear creatures! And they've got primitive, handmade weapons! Let's forget our years of military training and advanced technology, and run away!!"
    Hmm.

Well, I don't know about you, but having large rolling logs coming at you -- while primitive -- is very effective against any type of armor, unless you can prove to me that the SS armor can withstand the impact and crushing weight of those logs.

Even if you fire at them, you pray that it does not become a flaming rolling logs coming at you.

Never underestimate the natives who knows the lay of the land. A lesson learned in Vietnam and now Afghanistan.

Then again, it's probably an officer's mistake to think that only a small party is going to sabatage the shield generator, and did not ask for a larger reinforcement unit, including an AT-AT Walker.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    OK Robbert, you got me there. That one WAS funny.

Though if it were the other way 'round, well. Giving up immortality for Liv Tyler... hmmmmmmm, tempting
    's true!!
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....