Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Evil Game Masters Support Group

We pause the EEEEVVVIIILLLL to blatantly plug AslanC's yahoo group discussed elsewhere. stmpa

Very cool images, Aslan and friends.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Thanks for the plug

Here is the correct link though. You had put stmpa as opposed to stpma.

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    This is the thread that wouldn't die....
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

Originally posted by AslanC
    Thanks for the plug

Here is the correct link though. You had put stmpa as opposed to stpma.
    Thanks for the edit.
    tmutant

Originally posted by Antonsb214
    This is the thread that wouldn't die....
    EEEVVIIILLL never dies! Muah-ha-ha-ha*hack*cough*wheeze*(Though it may have occasional allergy problems)!
    Last edited by tmutant; 07-24-2004 at 12:23 PM.
    tmutant

Anyone seen "Forbidden Planet"? Might make a good scenario, especially if your players haven't seen it. Being attacked by monsters of your own creation, from the depths of your own unconcious mind. Kind of a neat way to explore the darker side of humanity, and what it takes to over come it.
    tmutant

This should be made sticky...And...

How about this...

Players are sent to a planet to stop a group of evil pirates. When they get to the planet, they are attacked by some insects, and a giant pterodactyl thing. These are the pirates, and after a short fight, they say they are willing to make a deal.

If the players accept, the pirates reveal that their "mother" is lying dead in a tomb, and they wish to get the body. In return, they will quit pirating, or aid the players against one of their enemies.

Enter tomb, see Statues made of Sand. They have to fight some evil floating blob-like things, which can drain life energy. If anyone, like a mook, is killed, the victim turns to sand, and disintegrates. His body was completely drained of electrons.

Eventually, they get to the body, and find the brain is alive. Mission Accomplished, Pirates agree for peace...

BUT....

They just helped Ripley, from Metroid, rescue the Mother Brain, and the Metroids! This is "kill your GM" evil. Especially when they face Mk. 2 Metroids, which are immune to Phasers, unless frozen...

Originally posted by Mitchell
    This should be made sticky..
    Thank you. I do my best to keep new stuff in here to keep it on the first page.

How about a race of cyborgs that aren't the Borg, but may be worse. // Adapted from the Mechanoid Invasion from Palladium Games.// A species of intelligent humanoids altered (through surgery, nanotech, and genetic engineering) to become a unit of space explorers. Their organic brains and nervous sytems were grafted to robotic bodies, either ground vehicles, or space vehicles. They were made capable of reproduction so that they could expand through space, and replace losses. They were also made psionic, to communicate securely. Eventually, they returned home, sensed the revulsion and horror their new form caused amongst their progenitors, and collectively went insane. They annihilated their humanoid predecessors. Then they started looking for more humanoids. To kill them. They breed constantly, and build new, enhanced bodies to cope with new threats. They are quite rational with non-humanoids, and form alliances and trade agreements with them. They immediately kill any humanoids they find, unless they feel that they can gain useful information through torturing them to death slowly. Their largest form is a base ship, which is capable of carrying out the invasion and extermination of an advanced humanoid world without additional support. It carries swarms of smaller Mechanoids to achieve it's goals.
    Last edited by tmutant; 10-10-2004 at 01:36 PM.
    tmutant

Another idea inspired (in a round-a-bout way) by the Enterprise season finale. Could be a Temporal Cold War adventure if you are running an Enterprise-era campaign, maybe a Guardian of Forever adventure in a TOS-era campaign.

An alien or group of aliens travel back to World War II Germany. They provide assistance to help the Nazis win, altering the time line. They cure Hitler's physical ailments so that he survives to unify the world under Nazi rule, with the Japanese as partners. The U.S. is partitioned between them (a la "The Man In The High Castle" by Phillip K. Dick) and they do horrible things to the racially impure. Eventually, they move into space, attain warp drive, and encounter other life. They immediately set about subjugating or destroying any aliens they meet. They build a large, powerful fleet. An Grand Alliance of alien races forms to stop the Human scourge. Vulcans, Andorians, Tellarites, and Axanari join forces, and after a costly war, drive the Humans from space, and enforce a quarantine on Earth. They endeavor to form a permanent alliance, a Federation, to ensure their future security. A weaker, less widespread Federation that can fall prey to Klingons, Sphere-builders, or villain of the week. The characters are recruited to go back and stop the divergence of the timeline by stopping the aliens in 1944.
    tmutant

Try this on for size...

...I saw the preview to I, Robot. Imagine if the trial for Data being massed produced failed and they massed produced Data to do everything from mining to security teams. Then they AND the Holograms revolt! The players are ordered in to talk to the riotors and to try to talk some sense to these programs or stop the riots be the means of force. Imagine them trying to talk to Data or a Hologram that's a million times faster, smarter, and stronger than anything the Federation has. They are well trained in Security tactics and know the planet/station better than anyone else. Do they talk it out, fight it out, or try to prove that these programs are living being beings? May need tweaking suggestions would be great.

7 of 11
    A
    7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!

Re: Try this on for size...

Originally posted by 7 of 11
    ...I saw the preview to I, Robot. Imagine if the trial for Data being massed produced failed and they massed produced Data to do everything from mining to security teams. Then they AND the Holograms revolt! The players are ordered in to talk to the riotors and to try to talk some sense to these programs or stop the riots be the means of force. Imagine them trying to talk to Data or a Hologram that's a million times faster, smarter, and stronger than anything the Federation has. They are well trained in Security tactics and know the planet/station better than anyone else. Do they talk it out, fight it out, or try to prove that these programs are living being beings? May need tweaking suggestions would be great.

7 of 11
    A
    Imagine if Lore had managed to produce duplicates of himself, programmed to obey him, but otherwise independent.
    tmutant

Re: Try this on for size...

Originally posted by 7 of 11

7 of 11
    A
    Sounds like a job for my EMP cannon.

Originally posted by tmutant
    Imagine if Lore had managed to produce duplicates of himself, programmed to obey him, but otherwise independent.
    Hey! I had that idea about two years ago and never told anyone about it. Stop reading my thoughts! Begins wrapping aluminium foil around his head.

Re: Re: Try this on for size...

Originally posted by Ergi
    Sounds like a job for my EMP cannon.

Hey! I had that idea about two years ago and never told anyone about it. Stop reading my thoughts! Begins wrapping aluminium foil around his head.
    EMP cannon? Good idea! ( Hmmm, have to make positronic brains immune to EMP. Then the Characters have to develop an anti-postitronic brain device, using baling wire and duct tape. )

Oh, and the aluminum foil protects you from the orbiting mind control lasers as well.
    Last edited by tmutant; 07-24-2004 at 12:29 PM.
    tmutant

I've recently started the Master and Commander books by O'Brien. It's started me thinking about applying that whole milieu of a ship and her crew at war to a campaign. It could be set in Pre-TOS Klingon War (like the FASA Four Years War stuff), TNG-era Cardassian War, or (of course) the Dominion War. The idea is to undertake long, multi-episode missions, with multiple encounters along the way, repairing damage, burying the dead, and continuing on. It would be a very military campaign, but one shot episodes could deal with diplomacy, mercy missions, even exploration. Just throwing out thoughts to see if they inspire anything.
    tmutant

Hmmm. An invasion of the entire Milky Way Galaxy by Andomedans. Technologically more advanced than any race, violent and expansionistic, they take on the Borg first, considering them the greatest military threat. This (may) allow the Federation and its allies enough time to put together a credible defense.
    Last edited by tmutant; 07-24-2004 at 12:29 PM.
    tmutant