Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is probably old news but ...

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    For those of you yunguns who never watched much TOS...
    I've seen every TOS episode a dozen times at least, and I don't recall this particular vessel type being mentioned. However, considering the Khan reference you made, I'll assume it was that episode.

Thanks for the help.

The only appearance of the DY-500 (IIRC) was "The Ultimate Computer." The USS Woden destroyed by the M-5 controlled Enterprise was of that class.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by CorpBoy
    I've seen every TOS episode a dozen times at least, and I don't recall this particular vessel type being mentioned. However, considering the Khan reference you made, I'll assume it was that episode.

Thanks for the help.
    The ship that Khan's people used was a DY-100, the predecessor to the DY-500 class. I think they mentioned the 500 in the episode (as a reference to the 100 that appeared on screen).

Of course, Roddenberry and Co. used the same model for both the 100 in "Space Seed" and the 500 in "The Ultimate Computer." So, Earth/Starfleet had been using this style of vessel for some 250+ years as of the mid-2260s.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz