Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ummo

Talking Nutcases the lot of 'em

Originally posted by AslanC

"So the aliens want you to dress like a 70s Vegas psychic?"
    One Word.

ELVIS.

Of course the Aliens Dig 70s Vegas.

Anyway have you at all considered that the aliens are not actually intergalactic teachers sharing knowledge, but possibly they are the space equivalent of a juvanile deliquent driving his dads spaceship, as they cruise past primitive planets picking on wierdos (wherever you go, they ALWAYS look the same) and reveal their basic tech to them in the full knowledge that nobody would believe them...

Or, as Douglas Adams wrote... "They walk up and down making 'beep-beep' noises. Its a bit childish really"

That small paragraph in Hitchhikers Guide seems to explain decades of UFO sightings, without once dropping to enjoy the obligatory Anal Probe jokes...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Re: Can't touch me! I'm the Mighty IBG! WOOT!

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    Which members are those?
    What, you don't like the French, Liz ?
    Don't say you didn't noticed us French boardmembers, at least KillerWhale who chased you across the universe
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I too had the idea of an X-File scenario, based on the TNG episode First Contact (not the movie), where the Crew has to do something on a planet protected by Prime Directive, then discovers that some of the local are aware of the existence of aliens, then that the government seems eager to protect their anonymity, then eventually that some other galactic power (Romulans, for instance), are already at work on the planet.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Re: Re: Can't touch me! I'm the Mighty IBG! WOOT!

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Cool

First Raelian(sp?), now Ummo. Everything is coming out of the woods these days.

What's next? Al Gore publicly announced he invented cloning?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

poster

I've never heard of this Ummo thing, but thanks for the sites C5.

Al Gore cloning is a scary thought.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Cool

No more scarier than Ross Perot clones.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG
    First Raelian(sp?), now Ummo. Everything is coming out of the woods these days.
    Actually, Ummo has been around for some time. It's just that I heard about it again recently and decided to see what people on this forum thought of it (I hadn't realised at the time that this affair was totally unknown in the US).

Actually, the thing that prevents me from discarding this thing as total bullsh*t, is first that some of the people who claim them to be true are actually very intelligent, and second that I always try to keep an open mind, no matter how incredible something seems to me.
    Terry Pratchett

Talking Re: Re: Re: Can't touch me! I'm the Mighty IBG! WOOT!

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    I had a really bad experience in France years ago. Don't ask.

Ya'll ain't so bad. Just like teasing.
    Eh, you had me worried here for a time! I was afraid to see my country smitten by the IBG!!
    Terry Pratchett

Don't worry C5. She's too busy trying various forms of torture on me at the moment

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Originally posted by KillerWhale
    Don't worry C5. She's too busy trying various forms of torture on me at the moment
    You lucky bastard... er no, wait, I didn't mean to say that...
    Terry Pratchett

poster

poster

poster