Thread: Rankin-Bass' Animated The Hobbit

Rankin-Bass' Animated The Hobbit

Watched this last night with the wife. I had forgotten how very cheesy it was, but it was a fun hour or so. Interesting to hear Tolkien's poetry put to '70s music. Kinda scary, actually.

I'm somewhat scarred by their adaptation of Return of the King. Before my family had a VCR, it was on tv every Sunday morning 9at least it seemed like it).

I keep hearing "Frodo of the Nine Fingers" and "Where there's a whip there's away'
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    I'm somewhat scarred by their adaptation of Return of the King. Before my family had a VCR, it was on tv every Sunday morning 9at least it seemed like it).
    That's the viewing entertainment for this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to come out of it with most of my sanity intact.

Is that the one with Lemmiwiks, the gerbil king in it?
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Perrryyy Guest
    Aww guys!

I love that cartoon! LOL

(I know, no accounting for good taste. )