View Poll Results: What do/did you think of the FASA-produced Star Trek RPG?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • it's excellent!- Best ST RPG ever!

4 5.00%
  • it's very good- as enjoyable as its modern counterparts

16 20.00%
  • Good- had its flaws but was a solid game still

33 41.25%
  • Fair- nice effort for the time, but simplistic and dated quickly

12 15.00%
  • Bad- full of holes

2 2.50%
  • Horrible!- HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

3 3.75%
  • Who's FASA ?!?

10 12.50%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FASA Star Trek

Captain Vaughn,

I too would be interested in seeing what you did with the old FASA system. As it stands, Snake and I are bouncing some killer ideas back and forth, and I would definitely welcome some other ideas.

Isn't it amazing that even years after FASA lost its license, it still seems to have the most influence?

GarrghhhhH! I cannot wait to get that Second Edition set again!

Respectfully,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

When I can lay my hands on the binder and type it all in as this was written up by hand - sure.

Regards,
    CKV.

Re: Umm… AslanC…

Originally posted by Modem

Qerlin and Captain Novaes, you're both right to a degree about the character creation. Even the supplement in the ST:TNG Year One SB didn’t help. Luckily, I did find a MUCH better one online:
    http://www.cix.co.uk/~mr-flibble/rpg/resources/
    (the top two Doc files)

Those are the Paddy Sinclair Character Generation rlues updates I've been trying to add to my FASA Trek games. Thanks for
    finding that page.I'd forgotten the url after all this time.

Ran a second ed. campaign for years till I moved from the area where my players lived and never had the chance to start again. When LUG came out I scored an autographed copy of the rulebook and started doing some online reviews to help acquire as much swag as possible at conventions. I have been running ICON ever since it came out, but I miss the ease and feel of the movie era games that I used to run. It had a better feel to it for me. I won't be converting to CODA I'm afraid though. That is for several reasons.
    1. I have too much crap generated and pillaged for ICON.
    2. I'm an old dog that doesn't want to learn a new trick right now.
    3. While I appreciate all of you guys who kept Trek gaming alive with CODA, I just feel that three systems is a bit much. One loses it's license, another is bought/sold/lost license/whatever. I have this attitude now that Decipher will either go under or sell the rights to another company and then there will be a fourth system, and a fifth ad infinitum.

I have always run Star Trek. That is my niche in the gaming community it seems. My only foray into actually playing in Trek is thanks to Lt. Cdr. Matt <thanks Matt>. My players won't let me stop running Trek for the reason that made FASA Trek, ICON Trek and what probably makes CODA Trek worthwhile. The narrator/GM. Tell your story and bugger the dice, tell a good story and noone will care if dice got rolled all night. Always remember the first rule to roleplaying. Have fun! If you aint having fun then stop doing it.
    Like anyone is actually reading this.

I must admit....I kinda wonder....

What would happen if WizKids got a hold of Star Trek, and made a starship combat game out of the Heroclix system?

Of course, fighting superheroes with Starships would be outta the question.

Respectfully,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    I liked the system when it came out, didn't have much choice, but I got used to it, never did get the starship combat rules for it. But some of the ship designs for TNG where a little ugly IMO.
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

Originally posted by Cptn. Taggart

I have always run Star Trek. That is my niche in the gaming community it seems. My only foray into actually playing in Trek is thanks to Lt. Cdr. Matt <thanks Matt>. My players won't let me stop running Trek for the reason that made FASA Trek, ICON Trek and what probably makes CODA Trek worthwhile. The narrator/GM. Tell your story and bugger the dice, tell a good story and noone will care if dice got rolled all night. Always remember the first rule to roleplaying. Have fun! If you aint having fun then stop doing it.
    I know how you feel I've been running the FASA rules ST since 1st ed..One guy ran a game that I got to play in just after 2nd ed. came out. ST:TMP era & it lasted 2 games.Then around 1989/90 another friend ran a 3rd season TOS game,lasted 4 games,& then another friend ran a game in the WOK+ era with us on board a Larson Class refitted for Galaxy Exploration.It has actually lasted quite a while tho.It later became 2 ships as my Captain got transferred to a new Connie & my old Number one took command of the Fall-Den.the game went away for almost 10yrs . , but just last yr he restarted it (a year in game has passed).I've been our main ST GM since 1983,having running 5 different interlaping ships/games for the WOK+ era & 3 interlaping TNG?DS9/VOY era ships/games .Gods I was so glad Jeff got back into running the Fall-Den/Gorbachev campagin(even tho my FD CE ended up 1st officer after 3 games in the restart;the "new" 1st player decided he didn't want to play him but a jr. officer insted.I was so happy being 2nd & CE oh well.)