Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Spacedock] Ship Design Program

[Spacedock] Ship Design Program

I've done a ship design application using Microsoft Access which uses the Spacedock construction rules. So far it's only useable for the newer ships (i.e. TOS-era design hasn't yet been completed.) So if there's anyone out there who'd like to try it, give me some feedback on it, e-mail me at bobby_george@blueyonder.co.uk. Yahoo at timhills_99@yahoo.com. MSN messenger at not_so_big_boy_tim@hotmail.com. Or ICQ at 55710838. The file is also available for download at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/startrekcodarpg/ It's a yahoo group run by Chroniton33.

Also, is [Spacedock] the right term for this? Or is there another way I should put it?

Cheers

Bobby G
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

Right name, wrong forum!

Spacedock has no affiliation with the Coda system or Decipher, hence its own area.

ooo . . . I get my computer on Monday . . . I need to try this one out.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Re: [Spacedock] Ship Design Program

Originally posted by Bobby George
    I've done a ship design application using Microsoft Access which uses the Spacedock construction rules. So far it's only useable for the newer ships (i.e. TOS-era design hasn't yet been completed.) So if there's anyone out there who'd like to try it, give me some feedback on it, e-mail me at bobby_george@blueyonder.co.uk. Yahoo at timhills_99@yahoo.com. MSN messenger at not_so_big_boy_tim@hotmail.com. Or ICQ at 55710838. The file is also available for download at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/startrekcodarpg/ It's a yahoo group run by Chroniton33.

Also, is [Spacedock] the right term for this? Or is there another way I should put it?

Cheers

Bobby G
    I can't see it on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/startrekcodarpg/; I had a look in the Files section, and elsewhere. Where did you put it?

Best Regards,
    Roger Stenning
    http://www.the-isg.co.uk

OK, where exactly is it?

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Goto the files section. Then there's a directory called Trek RPG DB. In there is the exe file which will extract the database. There's also some other stuff about version history and all that rubbish.

If you cant find it there, e-mail me a bobby_george@blueyonder.co.uk and I'll send it to you myself.
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

D'OH! I'm obviously going mildly blind in my old age, lol

Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Roger Stenning
    http://www.the-isg.co.uk

No worries mate. Give us a shout if you have any problems. I've made minor updates to the forms since I first posted it. So anyone who's reading this, might want to get the new version.

Also, if anyone's made a new class, output it and send it to me please. Start up a little community of class designers for this thing.

I could also do with people pointing out problems if there are any. (Besides the obvious one of not having Microsoft Office)
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

says I need Microsoft Access to open it. So where do I get this Gate's Creation?

Microsoft Access is a program that comes with Microsoft Office. I'm surprised at how many people dont have it.
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

Post MS Access

Microsoft Access is only available on Office Versions Professional or better. That means developer or premium. The standard package that retails for $500-$600 doesn't have it The majority of versions that do retail for about $1000 or more Its a decent Db, but a bit pricey for casual computer users, luckily I have a copy due to profession.

For those looking for a copy, try the dscount book stores. I've seen a couple of copies floating around that way. Just watch out for academic copies of Office 2000. They require activation to operate, just like the XP products.
    "Alas, not another witty signature shall pass from these fingers for madness has become all too common"

I got my MS Office with the academic version, activation is not that bad, a simple message to Gates thats all. I have had mine for a year now and nobody has come to my door asking why does a School Bus driver have MS Office?

Access can be bought indivudally for about 150 to 250$.

Office 2000 doesn't require unique activation codes. I've installed my copy on dozens of machines and the code always works.

If you're going to pay $1000 or whatever for a 4 year old piece of software, you've got to be out of your mind.

Office XP is the only one that needs a unique code. Either that or they're majorly paranoid over in the States
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

Access activation

Bobby, you're correct about normal versions of Office. The academic version is a specially priced sub-version only allowed for schools (and maybe students?). It was one of the first packages that MS tried activation on, and based on that trial, that later lead to the XP devolution. Gotta love MS. Truly, resistance is futile

No, No put the nano-probes away. I'll get everything licensed, really

Well, get a proper version then. Surely someone can copy Office 2k. I got the full 4CD version for £10 (About $15 or $16). As for getting the student version of the software, they probably realised that the people most likely to get pirated software are computer science undergraduates (like myself) and thus made getting around the activation process a lot harder. Tho not impossible if you know how.

Now, stop making up excuses, it's taken me ages to get this piece of work done, so use it. It's a lot of help. Much easier than a piece of paper and a calculator.
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills