Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TrekRPG Indexes

TrekRPG Indexes

It's been some time since I wanted to create a compilation of links to every thread on a particular subject. That way, we could have a way to easily find if something has been done in a particular area.
    I don't really know where to place these indexes, so I used the General forum, but Mods are free to move it to an appropriate place.
    If you find this idea useful, your contribution is welcomed (just make sure that a link isn't referenced twice). OTOH, please avoid too many OT posts - this is just meant to be a group of links after all.
    BTW, topics can be crossed - for instance, an ICON template species thread could appear in an ICON index and in a species template index.

For each contribution, the format would be something like :
    Post title : thread category (one post per category)
    For each link : link, title (including the system used), and possibly a short description.

Thanks for your comments and contribution!
    Last edited by C5; 01-22-2003 at 04:04 AM.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Species Templates

Last edited by C5; 01-20-2003 at 10:15 AM.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

C5 Will this just be a Startrek index thread?

Not necessarily. It's supposed to index every topic with enough threads related to it that people would be interested in having an index of all of them.
    Though I admit there might be a majority of ST related topics (unless someone is really interested in having an index of all the world politics debates). Maybe these threads could be broken down amongst the various forums according to the type of thread they index ?
    Terry Pratchett

If you limit this one to just trek then I would move it to the Narrator's forum as it would definitely help a narrator. Now, if you do that start another as a General Index...and it would stay here. Otherwise you have the correct forum for an all encompassing index thread.

For now I'd rather let it there, as it is still under construction and, being open for contributions, I don't know what it will eventually contain. Later on, we could move it if it appears only ST topics have been indexed ?
    Terry Pratchett

Mmm... doesn't seem to spark a lot of comments.

Anyway, some indexes to come :

Plot ideas (including of course the Adventure Seeds thread, but lot of separate threads)
    Narrating tips and advice
    System discussions
    Nice memories of game events

To the mods : if no other subject is suggested, I guess this thread could be move in the Narrator forum eventually.

Stay tuned...
    Terry Pratchett

Hey C5,

I think the idea is great - but unfortunately IMO it's short-lived. Because of forum pruning, the threads the index refers to will eventually disappear...

I think it would be best to PDF these threads, in order to save them... Just my two cents

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Thanks for the input, KillerWhale .
    Since I have no way of easily creating PDFs, I'm sticking to these indexes - maybe they could help someone to do such PDFs later.
    Terry Pratchett

Bump!

Although.....would this post not be better as a sticky in the Narrator's forum?

Lars
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

No because C5 said it will be general topics aswell and has personally asked to keep it here. I will PDF as many as I can if I can find the time.

Can't help but noticed that you missed...

My Tzenkethi for CODA

and

My Nebari & Delvians for CODA

Hey, thanks for your interests and contribution, guys!

I indeed asked this thread to stay in the General Chat forum, since other, more general, types of indexes may appear. However, if it turns out that only topics specific to the Narrator forum are there, then it could be moved there.

I had some work to do these last days, but I'll resume my indexing ASAP
    Terry Pratchett

We can move it (the thread) and leave a pointer to it -- essentially two links to the same thread and covering both forums.