Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

Katee Sackhoff eh?

I heard one of the producers said she couldn't "sell f----king dog food!"

Odd casting for the Uberbabe.

Arrow

Originally posted by Phantom

Haven't heard of McDonnel before.
    She's in Dances with Wolves with Kevin Costner, his first movie to star and direct in.

I'll take a wait and see on Katee. It would have been an odder casting if Starbuck role goes to one of the Playboy playmates turned aspiring actress.

On a related note, I must have been uber-bored on Friday night to have watched Baywatch Hawaiian Wedding.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by REG
    She's in Dances with Wolves with Kevin Costner, his first movie to star and direct in.
    She also played Robert Redford's love interest in Sneakers (the 1992? pseudo-spy movie with Ben Kingsley, Dan Akroyd, Sydney Poitier, River Phoenix and James Earl Jones). The most recent role that I've seen her in was as John Carter's estranged mother in er.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by REG
    I'll take a wait and see on Katee. It would have been an odder casting if Starbuck role goes to one of the Playboy playmates turned aspiring actress.
    I vaguely remember wathcing the show when I was a little (it might have been re-runs because I believe it was in the afternoon that I watched it, after I got home from morning kindergarden). The only think I really remember about it was Lorne Greene, I was always afraid the robot guys would hurt him and he would not be albe to be on Bonanza anymore [hay, I was just a kid!]. But correct me if I am wrong. . .but I thought Starbuck was male on the show. What is the reason for the change, trying to draw in more female viewers?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Star buck being changed to female is not to bring in female veiwers. There were three strong female leades in the original series. Athena.. Sheba.. and Cassi.. Well all three of those charcters have appearently been scrapped so that Star Buck and Boomer can be female..
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Arrow

Apparently they didn't want to add more to the main ensemble of cast in order to fill the male/female quota (if there is one). And the ones you mentioned above have been minor characters (I think one of them is a member of Battlestar Pegasus, appeared later in the original series).

Personally, I would have gone with Kristin Cloke from Space: Above and Beyond for the role of Starbuck, but I guess they wanted a blonde.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG
    (I think one of them is a member of Battlestar Pegasus, appeared later in the original series).

Right, that would be Sheba, Cmdr Caine's little girl and commander of Silver Spar Squadron on the Pegasus. Later transfered to the Galactica.

AAAaaarrrgggghhhh!!!

Nooooooo!

I just saw this thread and had to throw in my (probably unwelcome) opinion!!

When I was a kid, among my all-time favourite shows were:

Time Tunnel
    Lost in Space
    Land of the Giants

I've been watching re-runs recently on Foxtel and thinking: "What the hell did I see in them?" Just a kid's taste, I guess.

But I hated Battlestar Galactica even when I was a kid! I still hate it now!

Oh, God, please let the thing rest in peace and not animate it into some undead zombie-lord to trash another generation's opinions of sci-fi!!!

The only episode I clearly remember was one of the last I watched - a blatant, almost word-for-word rip-off of The Guns of Navarone (one of my favourite war movies). About the only good thing in BG were the Cylon ships - they looked sensational - but the rest? Bleh!

(pulling on flame-proof underwear)

Now what they should do is a remake of "V" - that was a good mini-series!!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...