Thread: FASA's Klingon Supplements

FASA's Klingon Supplements

Would any of the FASA fans out there be able to tell me what differences exist between the first and second edition Klingon supplements? I know that the first edition had one thick book and a short adventure, while the second consisted of two slimmer books (similar to the Romulan supplement) but in terms of content how much did they differ? I have the chance to buy one or the other edition. I can't afford both, but the first edition is the cheaper of the two. Help!

I have both so here are the basic differences:

1st edition is a boxed set one book, a module and a quick encounter. It also comes with counters and bridge location sheets for the d-7a and M for starship combat.

2nd edition is of course the two books like the Romulan or Orian supplements.

I recommend getting both for the adventures,sheets and counters are not in the 2nd ed. the 2nd edition has more of what you need to run adventures in the entire empire with detailed worlds and ship info. the 1st edition i believe has more info on Imperial Marines and has more hints on adventuring than on the overall picture.

A bit of thread necromancy here, but I have a question about an old FASA Klingon book.

Back in the 80s, I owned a FASA book on the Klingons, but I don't know what book it was. I only remember one part of it, and that is the part I want.
    It was rules for Honor. It had a table showing the relative honor for a number of achievements, like how big the ship you served on was, or how close to the top of the command chain you were. It also had an example showing how to screw somebody through promotion: by promoting an officer to command a much smaller vessel, his net honor change was negative.
    That's really all I remember about it, and I would really like to see those rules again. Ideally, I'd like someone to share them with me, but even if I could just get the title of the book they're in, so I don't waste a lot of money buying used books online only to find I've bought the wrong one.
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro
    We're hip-deep in alien cod footsoldiers. Define 'weird'.
    (I had this cool borg smiley here, but it was on my site and my isp seems to have eaten my site. )

PM me your email address and I'll see what I can do... ;-)

I checked out both first and second editions but couldn't find anything about this honor-thing rules. Sorry. If anyone can tell me where to find it I probably would be able to share it here...

There is a fan done one on the UFC465537 Yahoo group, like to same below:

Document "Klin Points.doc" in the files section when you join.

I was passed on this info in an earlier thread when looking for some honor system for LugTrek ... I had a look at it, but then found the fan-based LugTrek Klingon book which had a system.

This one looked very well done for FASA:

http://http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/UFC465537/

Thanks very much for pointing me to that group: the file you mentioned wasn't the one I sought, but that group did lead me to it, and now I know why I couldn't find it all these years: it was a magazine article. (need a smiley for "I feel stupid")

I downloaded it as a JPG, but will be typing it out and posting it here shortly. For those who happen to have an enviable paper archive, it would be in Stardate Magazine, March-April 1985, page 48.
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro
    We're hip-deep in alien cod footsoldiers. Define 'weird'.
    (I had this cool borg smiley here, but it was on my site and my isp seems to have eaten my site. )