Thread: A couple of questions for American Superbowl watchers.

A couple of questions for American Superbowl watchers.

1) Did anyone see the Hulk movie trailer that was supposed to be on TV during the Superbowl?

2) Was it any good?

3) Did it show you the Hulk (I want to see if they actually managed to pull off a half-decent looking Hulk)?

4) Any really good bits on the trailer?
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

I was underwhelmed by the Hulk trailer. He looks too CGI for me. And when I say that, I mean he just didn't convince me that he was real or close to it. Now if the makers are going for a Spiderman-ish cartoony feel, they hit it right on and I'm cool with that. If they're going for real, then it's not quite there.

Off topic- Daredevil looks lame. I refuse to believe Ben Affleck as DD.

Arrow

Who cares about Ben Affleck? Jennifer Garner is HOT as Elektra.

Regarding the Hulk, he look Shrek-ish to me when I saw a brief close-up shot of his face.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG
    Who cares about Ben Affleck? Jennifer Garner is HOT as Elektra.
    Meh, I guess. I must be part of the small percentage of men who go to see films wanting for a story as opposed to going to see films for some T&A ogling.

Not that I don't ogle a little T&A once in a while; I'd just like more than that for my movie ticket $$.

huh, was Ineti saying something... too busy staring at trailer... If I'm required to stare at either Mr. Affleck or Ms. Garner... Hmmm, I think I'll go for Ms. Garner.

I'm going to have to check out Daredevil. He's my favorite superhero and usually my favorite comic book, depending on who is writing it - nice, simple, self-contained book, barely ever part 75 of a 95-part crossover.

Should be interesting to see the audience reception, given that Daredevil is a little more "fringe" than Spider-Man, Superman, X-Men, etc.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Since I seem to be the resident football fanatic...

No, I didn't watch the Super Bowl. That's because the Raiders were playing (I'm from Kansas City and a rabid Chiefs fan...I hate the Raiders with a passion), and I didn't want to risk watching the game on the chance that they would have won. I just couldn't have lived with the agony of watching the Raiders win. It would have been bad enough to put up with the gloating of all the heathens who called themselves Raider fans. Of course, everyone else calls them inmates.

I wasn't impressed with the trailer, either. It just wasn't inspring. However, I do look forward to checking out DD when it comes out on DVD.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Perrryyy Guest
    I'm from Kansas City and a rabid Chiefs fan...I hate the Raiders with a passion
    Glad to know there's another Raider Hater (tm) on the boards

Cool

Originally posted by Ineti

Meh, I guess. I must be part of the small percentage of men who go to see films wanting for a story as opposed to going to see films for some T&A ogling.

Not that I don't ogle a little T&A once in a while; I'd just like more than that for my movie ticket $$.
    Look, I have no problem about Ben Affleck being cast as Matt Murdock.

As for Jennifer Garner, I just want to see her in action as Elektra ... high-flying, high-kicking, dual-sai-wielding combat actions, not the action in bed.

Get your mind out of the gutter.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG

As for Jennifer Garner, I just want to see her in action as Elektra ... high-flying, high-kicking, dual-sai-wielding combat actions, not the action in bed.
    Why not have both at the same time.

-Dan, whose mind seems to be firmly in the gutter...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Since I seem to be the resident football fanatic...

No, I didn't watch the Super Bowl.
    I don't see how these two statements can go together.

How can you call yourself a football fanatic and not watch the Super Bowl? Raider hate aside.

I don't see how these two statements can go together.

How can you call yourself a football fanatic and not watch the Super Bowl? Raider hate aside.
    My hatred of the Raiders transcends the game. My hatred of the Broncos is almost as passionate. Football is almost a religion (I said almost...God is still our only religion ) in the midwest (I'm a Huskers fan, too), and we take our teams very seriously. You have to remember that the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry is older than I am, and dates back to the very beginnings of the AFL. The teams hate each other, and the fans hate each other. I rejoice in anything bad that happens to Al-vis and his "black hole" (as long as it doesn't actually involve loss of life, etc., I actually feel pity for their center right now...I can't imagine how hard it would be if my entire world collapsed on me in the span of five days).

Besides, my weekly RPG session started at the same time as the Super Bowl. So, let's see....watch the Raiders in the Super Bowl or play Traveller.....easy decision. Of course, if it were any other team but Oakland or Denver representing the AFC, I would have taken the week off from RPGing and watched the game.

Just accept it as a pathos, Ineti.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Just accept it as a pathos, Ineti.
    I try not to pity anyone, but if you really want me to....

I try not to pity anyone, but if you really want me to....
    Hey, at least I'm not a rabid BSG fan.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Hey, at least I'm not a rabid BSG fan.
    Now, that, I can agree with. I'm glad I missed out on BSG too.