Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coda System Species Help needed

Coda System Species Help needed

I am not familiar with the CODA system and I am buying the book tomorrow, but a group of us are making up characters for a new series on thursday (all of us are new players to trek rpg, especially the CODA system) and my wife wants to play one of the following species, and I was wondering if someone who knows the game could come up with the species for the CODA system for me...

Ex-Borg (a la seven of nine)
    Hologram (a la EMH)
    Android (a la Data)

Can someone come up with those and post them here? I would be much appreciated, the person who is running the game will also be new to this, and she is pretty lenient to what we can play.... any or all of the above would be great...
    Thanks Alot...

Rancid...

What do you mean I can't jump from starship to starship? Data does it...

Re: Coda System Species Help needed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rancid
    Ex-Borg (a la seven of nine)

Look at the Human template, subtract the "Skilled" Species Ability Gain the "Eidetic Memory" Edge. Any bonuses to stats you want to give should be subtracted from the "Presense" Stat, for the same reason that Vulcan's have a minus.

Hologram (a la EMH)

I don't know if you wanna do that, remember, the Doc from voyager could only travel about off the ship cause of Errant TimeShip Technology from 500 years in the future.

Android (a la Data)

I don't think this can be done in a reasonable fashion without unbalancing the game heavily.
    If you give a monkey control over it's environment, it will fill the world with bananas, and whereas that is a great accomplishment, it's still a very stupid thing to do. --Doctor Who #2

what about an android at its early developmental stage?
    ie, lal or before/b4

would that tip the game too far, or maybe it would be like data becoming more human all over again?

Originally posted by jened
    what about an android at its early developmental stage?
    ie, lal or before/b4

would that tip the game too far, or maybe it would be like data becoming more human all over again?
    Well there's no quick and dirty way to make a playable android template, that does justice to the concept, and doesn't unbalace the game (This assuming that PC are starting with 0 Advancements) But the narrators guide gives quite a bit of help with designing species in general, and even androids. I would suggest that if a player demanded to play an android, and you were beyond saying "no". I'd build it as seemed resonable, and take away all courage points. that would probably be the mechanic effect of data becoming more human, purchasing courage points.
    If you give a monkey control over it's environment, it will fill the world with bananas, and whereas that is a great accomplishment, it's still a very stupid thing to do. --Doctor Who #2

Romulans

I dont have the narrators book (would romulans be in there?) and i am looking for romulans to create, can someone post here the species info for romulans?
    Thanks Alot...

Rancid...

Re: Romulans

Originally posted by Rancid
    I dont have the narrators book (would romulans be in there?) and i am looking for romulans to create, can someone post here the species info for romulans?
    Uh.. No.

Copywrited material, you want it, buy the book.

I did up a loose android template. It'sin the following thread:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...hlight=android
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

buying the book...

I am buying the book waiting for my copy to come in to my local store, and i will assume by the way you put it that the romulans are in the narrators book, i didnt know if they were...
    Thanks Alot...

Rancid...

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    The best thing I could suggest would be to have whomever is narrating the game go out and buy the Narrator's Guide, and use the "species creation" rules in the Narrator's Tools section to create the species in question for her, keeping in mind game balance and playability.

You really shouldn't be playing the game without the NG; it's too valuable a resource to go without.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

LUG to CODA RACES!

I was re-reading my LUG book and man I love it, but unfortunately I think the system is little clunkier than CODA (and just as poorly organized!)
    so I've decided on CODA for the new campaign without a doubt.

Here's the problem, I am using the LUG:TOS Game as the background sourcebook for my TOS Campaign
    and I really, really like the races presented in that book.

Does anyone know if there are write ups for
    the Centauri or Axanari?

I have my own ideas, but would like to look for others.

Also does Decipher have any plans to release a TOS-era sourcebook? From my own opinion the current game is clearly weighted for the TNG/DS9 - era player.

thanks.

Re: LUG to CODA RACES!

Originally posted by vegasthroat
    Does anyone know if there are write ups for
    the Centauri or Axanari?
    Here is a link that has all sorts of races (TOS/TNG/etc.) to choose from:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...&threadid=5751
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Romulans do indeed appear in the <i>Star Trek RPG Narrator's Guide</i>. Axanari are in the <i>Star Trek: Aliens</i> book. Alpha Centaurans appear in the <i>Starfleet Operations Manual</i>. Ex-Borg, androids, and photonic lifeforms aren't covered in any upcoming material that's on the current schedule, but I do not plan to leave them out of later developments.

J.H.

Originally posted by Jesse Heinig
    Romulans do indeed appear in the <i>Star Trek RPG Narrator's Guide</i>. Axanari are in the <i>Star Trek: Aliens</i> book. Alpha Centaurans appear in the <i>Starfleet Operations Manual</i>.
    Ooh, crunchy bits. The Axanari template that I did was one I adapted from the LUG TOS book. Jess, can you tell us what inspiration you used for the TOS Axanari?
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Ooh, crunchy bits. The Axanari template that I did was one I adapted from the LUG TOS book. Jess, can you tell us what inspiration you used for the TOS Axanari?
    Didn't they finally intro them in Enterprise? I seem to recall them in an episode early on...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by qerlin
    Didn't they finally intro them in Enterprise? I seem to recall them in an episode early on...
    I thought there was some debate about if they were the Axanari from the Axanar Rebellion. Perhaps I was wrong.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz