Thread: Crew Compliments

Crew Compliments

Hi all,

I thought I would turn to the experts on this one, as I know a fair number of you have naval backgrounds.

I am looking for information on crew compliments for pre-WWI vessels, particularly ships in roughly the Torpedo Boat Destroyer range. That is to day that I am looking for more than merely number of people in the crew or strictly officers v. enlisted, but rather a full crew breakdown.

If anyone could point me towards appropriate links or e-mail me such information I would be much obliged!

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Crew compliments?

"It's been an honor serving with you."
    "Damn fine shot, commander."
    "Nice ship you run here."

I think you're looking for complements.

Try www.naval-history.net
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Pre WWI torpedo boats? About 5-8 people.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Yeah, 1 junior officer (lieutenant, j.g., or ensign) and the rest are petty officers and junior enlisted. The squadron CO would probably be just a lieutenant.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Many thanks for the rapid responses.

I knew I could rely on such a group for getting me the correct information!