Thread: I've Created A Monster (And I Like It)

Talking I've Created A Monster (And I Like It)

I noticed (several months ago) that my social circle was all Gamers, but that I hardly knew any of their SO's (Contrary to popular belief, Gamers Do Wed).

To remedy this, I started hosting a Board Game Night, wherein people would arrive and gather and play board games until we grew tired of playing said games.

It started in November, with five of us there.

Tomorrow, I have an expected attendance of 15 (with a possible attendance as high as 20).

We've played "Settlers of Catan," "Formula De," "Junta," "Zombies," "Monkeys On The Moon," "Castle Risk," "Bounty," "Illuminati," "Hacker," "Wise and Otherwise," and a bunch of other games.

And, in the meantime, I've made the Gamer Widow and Widowers feel like actual members of the social circle (and gotten the social circle to acknowledge them more and more).

(As an added bonus, my apartment is cleaner than it's ever been)

Thumbs up

Well done, sir! (I assume it's 'sir'.)

I've always wanted to try Junta. I've only learned Formula Dé in the past couple weeks and I love it! Zombies is great too.

Kill Doctor Lucky, The Great Brain Robbery, and Citadels are some other games that you might want to give a try. If you've got some creative folks, you might consider giving Monster Smash a look. The game is free; just download the PDF from the link and get some Play-doh. Very fun!
    "The businessman's job is giving the business."

Talking

Ahhh, if only my friends had the guts to play Advanced Third Reich !
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Originally posted by Argyle
    Well done, sir! (I assume it's 'sir'.)

I've always wanted to try Junta. I've only learned Formula Dé in the past couple weeks and I love it! Zombies is great too.

Kill Doctor Lucky, The Great Brain Robbery, and Citadels are some other games that you might want to give a try. If you've got some creative folks, you might consider giving Monster Smash a look. The game is free; just download the PDF from the link and get some Play-doh. Very fun!
    We've played "Kill Doctor Lucky" - and "Give Me The Brain" and "Lord of the Fries" and "Witch Trial" - need to give the Great Brain Robbery a try, though. No-one has Citadels, yet (but it IS on the list).

Thanks!

Originally posted by Captain Novaes
    Ahhh, if only my friends had the guts to play Advanced Third Reich !
    My goal is low complexity. So that non-Gamers aren't scared off by games like Empires In Arms (My personal favorite).

As a social outreach, it's been amazingly successful. And lots of fun.