Thread: IQ. . .MA. . .ME. . .PS. . .???

Question IQ. . .MA. . .ME. . .PS. . .???

Does anyone know what game these stats would be for? And where would I find a conversion for them into ICON?

IQ: 3D6
    MA: 3D6
    ME: 3D6
    PS: 3D6+2
    PE: 2D6+12
    PB: 2D4
    PP: 2D6+2
    SPD: 2D6+2

Any assistance you provide would be greatly apprecieated! Thanks.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Those are palladium stats (Rifts Palladium Fantasy, Robotech, ect)

IQ = Intelligence Quotent
    MA = Mental affinity
    ME = mental endurance
    PS = Physical stregnth
    PE = Physical endurance
    PB = Physical beauty
    PP = physical prowess
    SPD = speed

As for conversion I am not sure but that should help you. pallasium runs on a 3d6 system but many time 3-24 is the norm for stats.

Thanks Captain. I only know the ICON system (poked around some of the FASA stuff just out of curiosity a time back) and was not sure what game the stats were from. . .except for IQ I was not even sure what they might represent! Thanks for the assist!

Now I just need to find a way to convert them into ICON.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

I'm a little confused what is it you are trying to convert?
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

There are several problems with the rifts/paladium system. The difference between sdc and mdc.. The fact that some of the rifts races/classes have more attibute bonuses than other races. there is very little balance to the game.

ie. a juicer rifle that does 200 mdc.. while in a 400 mdc armor.
    a 3d6 mdc sword in the hands of an sdc warrior..

ok.. let me explain.. mdc = mega damage capacity equivalent to 56 sdc. sdc = structural damage capacity equivalent to hitpoints.

a sdc weapon will never hurt a mdc item.
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    I'm a little confused what is it you are trying to convert?
    We are adding a non-Trek species to our game to add a little on-going diplomatic frustration to our sessions. The species I have choosen has plenty of background available but had no attribute stats (other than those made by fans. . .which are all in non-ICON forms). The few stats I had listed in original post were a few of those species stats.

Originally posted by Silverthorne
    a juicer rifle that does 200 mdc.. while in a 400 mdc armor.
    a 3d6 mdc sword in the hands of an sdc warrior..

ok.. let me explain.. mdc = mega damage capacity equivalent to 56 sdc. sdc = structural damage capacity equivalent to hitpoints.
    Is it just because I only know the ICON system and dont understand the other RPG's, or are all the other RPG's way too complicated? When we first started ICON (our first RPG) I checked out a few FASA books out of curiosity. . .nice backgrounds but the game system seemed complicated. I have yet to see a system as player friendly as ICON (but then our book store still has not gotten in the new CODA material yet. . .how long has that been out now?).

Thanks for the assists guys, but I don't think I am gonna use those stats, too complicated.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

If you are looking for player friendls. try Gurps.. or D20..

Gurps has skills for every genere.. learn the base and you can modify character for any play area.

d20 is being modified for every genere out there..

personally I prefer gurps. due to the fact I can make any genere.. as in If i want to run a d&d type campaign, I can, or a cyberpunk campaign, or a star fleet campaign..

CODA currently has two set generes, which can be modified to any other gener.

down sides..
    Gurps take a long time to make any sort of character. players deciding what skills they thing their character will have.

d20.. too many different ways to set up hit points an so on.. many many different settings with different modifiers.

spycraft - section = modifiers to stats
    D&D - Race = modifiers to stats
    Modern - no modifers to stats unless you take penalties to everything in the game.. is set for humans..

both systems have race books that might be better to look at if you are going to convert races..

Paladium is not set for games with normal humans. They keep adding more and more powerful races.
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Actually palladium fantasy is not bad (1st edition can argueable be better than 2nd ed.) but Rifts is a power-gamers/munchin heaven. The MDC worlds created by palladium is where power runs amok but their SDC world games are better. System Failure can be a lot of fun as can the old mechaniods rules (has a bunch of flaws but it was there first product ever).

All systems has their flaws and strengths because after playing over 40 different rpgs in the last 20+ years I have not found one without some wierd quirk in it.

Right now my game group is using Rolemaster Fantasy RPG (Yes ICE is back in business for those who still insist gone). Besides having lot of charts (hence the knickname chartmaster) and long character creation process (spreadsheet programs has made even that easier now), the rules themselves are not that difficult and much of the complicated stuff can be eliminated or modified very easily. I also like where the new guys are leading the company by making the charts easier to read and condensing some.

CODA is a very good system also, much better than d20 (which I really do not like) but limited in settings and right now support.

well my rant is done for now

d20

I have often seen reference to d20 but have never seen it. Am I correct in my understanding that it is not a specific type of RPG but just a core book of rules allowing any type of game (ST, SW or even B5)?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

the d20 system

Yes the d20 system is a basic rules system that has been used as the game engine for over a dozen rpgs. D&D is the main system though. Star Wars which uses a slightly modified version of the basic d20 system is in my opinion the best version of all the d20 systems. I gamemaster a campaign set in the New Jedi Order era. Before Decipher's Star Trek came out I had created a lot of stats for a d20 Star Trek rpg, because most of my players either didn't like ICON, or didn't want to play any other system besides d20. After reading the rules I have found many things to be similiar about Coda and d20. Which is perfectly okay with me as I am quite fond of d20 (Star Wars). Anything seen in the movies or anything the players can imagine can be covered in d20 rules. The same can almost be said for Coda. Like no vehicles . What's the deal with that? I had to come up with something for that, but then no system is perfect. I do love the Coda systems starship operations and general rules concerning combat, most especially how to use shields! They made a simple streamlined ship construction rules system that me converting and building the base eight ships shown in minutes. Ya gotta love that! All in all I really do enjoy gaming with the Coda rules system. Next to Star Wars d20 its the best on the market in my opinion.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Eden's Unisystem is nice and simple (Buffy, Withcraft, All Flesh must be Eaten & the new Monkey game).

White Wolf's games are relatively straightforward rules wise, but the emphasis is on role-play rather than combat.

If Sci-fi is what you're after I can't recommend Fading Suns highly enough. A flexible rules system, interesting background, great character creation system.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.