Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuttle Columbia Exploded

it is has been 17 years sense the last man/woman was lost in a space related accicdent, this brings the total count to 17 men and women, 3 in Appolo One, 7 on Challenger, and now, 7 on Columbia.
    Ulaire Chang, Dark Lord of the Sith
    AIM: ensigndan
    MSN and Hotmail: ensigndan@hotmail.com
    Yahoo: chang1701

Unhappy

My prayers to all the Families that have lost love ones this day.
    HHirl i'Luruth tr'Kiev-erei'Enriov AQSG Romulan Division http://www.gnx12.dial.pipex.com/AQSG/
    Dimitri Valjean -Colonel AQSG Maquis Division http://www.angelfire.com/fl/switala/valjean/valjean.html
    Moderator Romulan Jolan'Tru Group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jolantru/

With this news there will be many who once again call for an end to manned space flights.

My heart is heavy at the loss of the brave men and women, but I would be even more saddened if their deaths ended the great hope of space.

I must go and gather my heart and thoughts now.

Peace be with them. Peace be with you all.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

We should not let this be a call to end the Space program. We should make this a call to give NASA what it needs to continue and then some.
    Some define peace as the absense of war. I rather define it as the prevailance of liberty

Unhappy

Oh, my God... and they performed a ceremony in memory of those who died onboard Challenger just before returning.

It is far too sad for words. I´m devastated.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Originally posted by Chang
    it is has been 17 years sense the last man/woman was lost in a space related accicdent, this brings the total count to 17 men and women, 3 in Appolo One, 7 on Challenger, and now, 7 on Columbia.
    Don't forget the Russians. Bondarenko, Komarov, Dobrovolsky, Volkov, Gagarin & Patsayev. Plus rumored others lost & not reported.
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Unhappy

<a moment of silence>

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

May we mourn today, but never stop looking toward the stars.

"Born of the Sun they traveled a short while towards the sun, and left the vivid air singed with their honor." -- Stephen Spender
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I just woke up, turned on the TV and saw this.

May their souls rest in peace

Originally posted by Cybrludite
    Don't forget the Russians. Bondarenko, Komarov, Dobrovolsky, Volkov, Gagarin & Patsayev. Plus rumored others lost & not reported.
    yes don't forget those russians who have given their lives, but I was thinking of the US space program.
    Ulaire Chang, Dark Lord of the Sith
    AIM: ensigndan
    MSN and Hotmail: ensigndan@hotmail.com
    Yahoo: chang1701

Words fail me.

I watched the NASA Press Conference on CNN a little while ago. I just can't believe this has happened again.

Brave people, who gave their lives for the betterment of us all.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Perrryyy Guest
    Wow.

And just last week was the anniversary of the Challenger explosion.

May their souls rest in peace.