Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 Rings

Now that is seriously cool, Glorfindel. Thanks for posting it! I just have the first two volumes of HoME.

Looks like I'll be going to Borders tomorrow to pick up Volume XII.

Again, thanks. The plot wheels are turning now....

Not that I'm going to get to run a ME game - but....

If I did get to use these two (either or both) I'd start with the general idea/belief being that they had fallen into darkness and were the head of the game-bad-guys (tm).

However, in true Gandalf fashion all would not be as it seemed and either one would end up being on the side of the PC's against the other - or both would be against some other evil that simply was discrediting them via slander. Something Sauron would have been very happy to do to Gandalf and may have given his reception in Gondor for instance.

The wise old wizard who props the party up right up until you REALLY need him - then he's off somewhere is, to my mind, a needed LOTR's device.

I just had the germ of an idea while reading above of a dramatic scene when they finally corner one of the wizards - who they think is against them - sort of like the meeting with Strider -

"If I wanted to _____ then I would have done it" draws himself up suddenly seeming a giant amonst them, "But....happily the stories of my fall are just that, stories, so far I have passed my tests. Now, let us get to business my furry footed friends time is short and we've wasted to much already you and I".

Also takes care of the little problem that IMHO the typical ME party simply isn't going to really be able to take on one of these guys.....
    TK

Methinks we might need to get some First Age Noldorin princes for that.

Anyway, that's a really good idea! Would you mind if I used something similar in a campaign?

Go for it.
    TK