Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Journals of Willow Brandybuck

To be honest I never expected the pick of nits to start over horesemeant and whether a 5 foot tall individual can ride a horse.

I figured Dernhelm's Armour would get more traffic.

I assure all the readers that there will be things coming (much like TTT the film) that will stray from the beaten path heavily.

I am using Tolkien, the movies and MERP as influence, along with my own mind.

Caveat emptor

P.S. It was Phantom who said that it was my game and I could do what I want. I just tend to agree with him

Originally posted by AslanC

P.S. It was Phantom who said that it was my game and I could do what I want. I just tend to agree with him
    Yup, that is my view entriely. I kind of get tired of the Tolkien Trolls out there. No one here fits into the category...Just want to say that right now. A friend of mine was trying an online ME game, he pretty much got ran off because his name wasn't Elvish?!?! People take this stuff way too seriously at times.

To clarify, I m not sure I agree either, but as I said its your game and your world. No one has to follow your lead if they don't wish to.

Originally posted by Calcoran
    I can't help but seeing the scene where the party has to take off in a hurry and there's the small hobbit (sorry, make that a tall hobbit) jumping up and down, trying to catch her mare's saddle, getting pissed off, and shouting "WON'T SOMEBODY GIVE ME A HAND HERE!" ...
    I may just make that scene happen Sounds like fun

Originally posted by toadkiller
    Oh - another (unrelated?) point. You'd talked in an earlier post about sacking Rivendell. It is obviously not my game, but I'd not actually destroy Rivendell. Besiege, damage, raid, etc... but if the game goes on you may very well want it to be intact in some form.

Also - I admit as a big LOTR's fan the magic would leave the "world" if Rivendell was gone - for me anyhow, perhaps for your players too??
    While I understand your reasoning, I think it will show my player that the threat is real. Rivendell is gone. The council of the wise old elves is gone (for the most part) and you had better pull up your boot straps

My players will not lose the magic over something like that. There is only one Tolkien-Head in the lot of them, and he is the kind who loves change.

But I will understand if you don't want to read the journals after the sacking. Though I hope you will give us at least one more chance after that

To be honest I never expected the pick of nits to start over horesemeant and whether a 5 foot tall individual can ride a horse.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Middle Earth, where everyone is as nitpickish as an insurance company clerk.
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

I may just make that scene happen Sounds like fun
    Ooooh I look forward to reading about it. Just make sure you don't tell your player where you got the idea .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Agreed -

Didn't mean to suggest she couldn't ride the horse - just that it may be a good gaming point that she has problems from time to time that the "big folk" don't have.
    TK

Rereading all this has really kindled afire in my heart.

This campaign shall return. Look forward to more of Willow's Journals to come

And yes that scene will be there

Aslan...have you more you can share with us...? PLEASE?

We have played three sessions so far and I am waiting on the Journal entries.

But I promise they are coming

Cool. I also look forward to seeing your webapge openits doors to us all.

I have done the basic design ont he webpage and am now just taking some time off before I start working on the guts of it

Anyone wanna help me write-ups NPCs stat blocks?