Thread: [CODA] Fighter craft and other questions

[CODA] Fighter craft and other questions

OK, I have gotten over what I thought were the 'downfalls' of the game. The only reason I wanted a game like I did was because my campaign was a war campaign. Now I am creating my own rules for that campaign and using the normal rules for a new one.

I just have one or two questions.

One: How do you create fighters? Do they use the exact same rules as Shuttles and Starships?

Two: How do you buy shield threshold, is it just one point for +1 threshold?

Three(OK, maybe three): If a ship has Pulse and normal phasers, will they combine their offense values to get one penetration? What about different missile weapon types?

Anyways, those are my questions. I would also like that if anyone does create a fighter if they wouldn't mind posting it as a reply here, I'd love to see what you guys made.

Lonoto Kitsuki

Re: [CODA] Fighter craft and other questions

Originally posted by Lonoto
    One: How do you create fighters? Do they use the exact same rules as Shuttles and Starships?
    Yes.
    Two: How do you buy shield threshold, is it just one point for +1 threshold?
    Yes, up to the maximum. I suggest you read the official errata located in the Coda forum (sticky at the top) for answers to many of the common questions, like this one.
    Three(OK, maybe three): If a ship has Pulse and normal phasers, will they combine their offense values to get one penetration? What about different missile weapon types?
    You combine like weapons' (i.e. phasers and pulse phasers) offensive value to determine penetration. Do the same with your missile weapons to determine their penetration. Combine all weapons solely for the purpose of determining their Reliability Rating.
    Anyways, those are my questions. I would also like that if anyone does create a fighter if they wouldn't mind posting it as a reply here, I'd love to see what you guys made.
    Might I suggest you use the search feature? This particular forum is full of Coda ship designs.