Thread: Adventure

Question Adventure

I am going to play the adventure from the Adventure Game Box but I have one problem. The adventure is just about fighting and the players don't really get to decide much except how they are going to move when fighting I understand that it's made for people that haven't rp before or ain't familiar to the LOTR RP yet, right?
    The problem is that my players like to think at least some, not just fight all the time. So I am wondering if I could make something more of the adventure, so the players can think and decide things. What do you think? Any ideas?
    /Aragor

Re: Adventure

A couple thoughts:

1. Don't cut and paste the same comments from one forum to the other. I saw this exact post on Decipher's boards.

2. You're free to change anything you want in the adventure. If your players want more puzzles/thinking to do, change the map and change what they assume they know.

If they're expecting a battle in the chamber of Mazarbul, attack them before they get there or after they leave. Change the tunnel layout around so that they're not sure what to expect.

Maybe they meet a dying dwarf on one of the levels of Moria. That dwarf could give them info about something else.

There are no shortage of adventure ideas in Moria. Above all else, have fun with it.