Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engage

Replies to Engage

This is pretty much what I expected.Its a long way off but i refuse to play SF Battles.Having a table top miniatures game with official ST ships Is something I've waited a long time for.CODA ST has gotten me back into roleplaying after many years of CCG's(thank God I don't play those any more)and miniatures.The system rocks and I'm running a Starfleet freighter-based series set in 2373.Thanks for the replies.And by the way it pleases me to no end that Wizards didn't get the license.I had heard that the Roddenberry estate didn't like the way Wizards and Fantasy Flight were handling things so they pulled out.The LUG buyout also killed the Dune RPG ,another game I was really looking forward to.Keep on Trekken'.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

TWO WORDS

HERO CLIX!

1. Cheap
    2. Mass popularity
    3. Better than painting the damn things yourself.
    4. Collectible to Strek geeks besides gamers

only thing you'll HAVE to do.
    Is publish CODA rules that add to the existing rules for the CLIX game, ie. make a "BlAH" skill roll and add to X value for the round.

Bring me back something as fun as FASA's Simulator and as cool looking as heroclix.mechwarrior and I'll be a VERY happy man.

...already sizing up my table for a Kobiyashi Maru scenario...
    old school d-7's...sooo cool....

I designed an initial draft of Engage for Decipher, we did some preliminary research on how to get minis done, but the game is now on the back burner.

Buying LUG did not cause Paramount to do anything with the license, it was up for renewal anyway.

LUG did print Red Alert (it was the last thing we payed for) though WotC distributed it. FF used the rules (which they had a hand in designing, as did I) and did Twilight Imperium. Basically the same game, but with different factions.

I did start a Red Alert Yahoo group, but left it long ago after I had put up everything I had (including other sets of disks that hadn't ever been released).

Currently, I'm writing for Middle-earth.
    Game On!

Red Alert! was pretty fun, but we could never find a big enough table and didn't feel comfortable playing on the ground.
    "The businessman's job is giving the business."

Armada

If only I could find Armada in a real store.

Red Alert

"LUG did print Red Alert"

Could someone tell me what Red Alert is & where one can find this product. Is it Star Trek related?

Star Trek: Red Alert

Star Trek: Red Alert was a collectable disc starship combat game. The types of pieces included ships, technology, crew, missions, and torpedoes. The original release is all there is. I doubt that you'd be able to find it anywhere any more.