Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engage

Engage

Has anyone heard anything about the specifics of this game?A tenative release date for the rules or miniatures?Game mechanics?

Is that a miniture tabletop game for Star Trek?
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I believe I heard Don say that it was a "tactical starship combat game" somewhere. It certainly sounds interesting, and if there's a line of miniatures (ships, etc) produced for it, I'll certainly give it a go!

I also heard that the system will be usable in any Star Trek RPG, whether it's LUG or Coda, because it's independent of RPG rules. Can't wait to hear more!

Matt Colville is working on it IIRC. But I can only imagine that it's a long, long way off.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Is it done by Decipher?
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

If the only reference to it is on page 110 of the narrator guide, I would say don't hold your breath. The narrator guide was sent out for printing a while ago (does someone have the approx date?) and Decipher has stated on the rpg(/miniature bbs) since then there are no plans on any minituares after saying for a while it was a possibility.

I said no current plans. As I understand it, TPTB want to get the RPG more firmly established before branching out into miniatures.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Can you say if there are any Decipher resources on this project right now?

Unhappy Sorry didn't mean to hijack your topic. . .

but I dont understand. The system is called CODA but the company is called Decipher? What happened to Wiz. of the Coast (or what ever they are called)? They just change their name or has someone sold the rights again?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Re: Sorry didn't mean to hijack your topic. . .

Originally posted by redwood973
    but I dont understand. The system is called CODA but the company is called Decipher? What happened to Wiz. of the Coast (or what ever they are called)? They just change their name or has someone sold the rights again?
    Actually, yes. The right were sold to the company called Decipher (mainly known for CCG so far), who created the CODA system (wich is also used for the new LOTR RPG) for the ST RPG.

Hope this helps
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Yes, the company is called Decipher. The rules mechanics set used for the RPG is called CODA.

Just like that other company is called Wizards of the Coast and the rules mechanics set for their RPGs is called d20.

Wizards never had the rights to do Star Trek. They bought the previous company that produced the Star Trek RPG (Last Unicorn Games, the system was called ICON, just to confuse you further) but the act of purchasing voided the Star Trek license which then got sold to Decipher, who then hired most of the old Last Unicorn folks (whom Wizards "let go") to form their new RPG studio and produce the new CODA system.

Almost as good as daytime TV, folks!

Clearer, or more confusing?

-Chris Landmark
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Originally posted by Chris Landmark

Wizards never had the rights to do Star Trek. They bought the previous company that produced the Star Trek RPG (Last Unicorn Games, the system was called ICON, just to confuse you further) but the act of purchasing voided the Star Trek license which then got sold to Decipher, who then hired most of the old Last Unicorn folks (whom Wizards "let go") to form their new RPG studio and produce the new CODA system.

Almost as good as daytime TV, folks!

Clearer, or more confusing?

-Chris Landmark
    But LUG under WotC ownership did release Red Alert.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

of which there is a yahoogroup started i believe by one of the red alert game designers where he had released adobe acrobat .pdfs of more disks. they expanded on the gameplay quite a bit. the name of the group contains red and alert if anyone is interested, you should be able to find it by a yahoogroups search.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Greg Smith
    But LUG under WotC ownership did release Red Alert.
    Actually, LUG didn't technically release Red Alert! It was released by Fantasy Flight Games as part of their Disk Wars setup, in conjunction with LUG's license (or something like that). When LUG lost the ST license, FFG repackaged the game as "Armada," with non-Trek empires, etc.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Chris Landmark
    the act of purchasing voided the Star Trek
    Actually, not true. LUG's license expired. Paramount decioded to give the license to Decipher instead or renewing.

Doug Burke
    Net Rep
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.