Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LotR Narrator's Screen Review

Extremely Dissapointed

I have to echo everything Don Mappin said in the review. I'm extremely dissapointed that Decipher should put out such a lousy product. I purchased the Narrator's Screen with the assumption that the RPG group had learned its lessons from the Core Book, but that was a mistake.

When I opened it, the first thing I saw was that errata hadn't been included and my jaw hit the floor. Then, I opened the adventure and saw the "Table of Contents" such as they are, and I groaned. The absence of the Grimoire sheets is just icing on the cake.

I'm an editor and if I allowed this to go out the door, my job would be in jeapordy and I'd seriously consider another line of work. I know that sounds harsh, but it is true.

In the past, I've been a defender of Decipher and willing to give the company the benefit of the doubt. No more. I'll have to hear very good things about Fell Beasts and Fellowship before I'll bother.

Re: Extremely Dissapointed

Originally posted by Boot 2 the Head
    I'm an editor and if I allowed this to go out the door, my job would be in jeapordy and I'd seriously consider another line of work. I know that sounds harsh, but it is true.
    How ironic.

Seriously, though, I was also a little unhappy with the LOTR NS. However, I knew it wouldn't be errata'd so I wasn't too worried about it. I'm bummed that the TOC isn't accurate, but life does go on. I know that TPBP in charge of the line now are getting things under control, and I'm sure future products will be vastly improved.

Not sure about the FOTR SB, but we'll see.

Missing Grimoire Sheets

TBTB have spoken! They have expressed their deepest apologies for the missing components. The missing sheets are apparently the result of the printer not printing and/or assembling the product correctly.

Plans are currently underway to (at the very least) make the sheets available as PDF's.

More news as it develops.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Cool beans, Doug. Thanks for the update.

Re: Missing Grimoire Sheets

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    TBTB have spoken! They have expressed their deepest apologies for the missing components. The missing sheets are apparently the result of the printer not printing and/or assembling the product correctly.
    Finally, something encouraging from Decipher.

Does anyone know what the grimoire sheets are supposed to be?

Re: Re: Missing Grimoire Sheets

Originally posted by CorpBoy
    Does anyone know what the grimoire sheets are supposed to be?
    Well, since a grimoire is usually a book or manual of magic, my guess is that the grimoire sheets are bascially spell sheets.