Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A word on political threads

OMG, I'm noticing how addicted I was/am to the political topics of the boards!
    Dang, I need a fix, if this goes on I might do something stupid! Must ... not ... post ... a ... political ... thread ...
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

I know what you mean, it's difficult. Especially with what I learned about Germany this morning...

Still, there's always PM's, email, etc.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Capt.Hunter
    Yeah, but then there are more interesting things to notice about Tegan...
    Tegan? I was paying attention to Nyssa.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Give me Ace any day

Leela!

Actually, I had a thing for Peri. Too bad she was saddled with an absolutely horrible Doctor...

Why do you think I took so long to notice something about her accent ?

Though I liked Nyssa more too. Oh, and Peri. And Leela too was nice (very interesting savage garments... ).
    Have to watch those taped episodes I have to see Ace in action. I only know her from the New Adventure novels.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Talking

Zoe! In a silver catsuit.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

...Sounds like the Berman/Braga cheesecake run was stolen from elsewhere...

I'm glad all the political threads were closed down. Clears up General Chat a lot. I hated having to sift through every day.
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Tegan

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Hmm, better off joining the thread late than never

For the record, I approve of Don's actions. My problem was always that I couldn't resist joining in on what I thought was moderate level, then getting dragged into the extreme end of things. One of the reasons I haven't been around of late is that I no longer have the time to do this now I have no access to an ADSL line

One day real soon now...

On the real topic of importance - I'm with Tyger. Hmm, Nyssa

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Actually, I had a thing for Peri. Too bad she was saddled with an absolutely horrible Doctor...
    I'd guess you are aware she wasn't really American? I met Nicola Bryant once, and she's more English than me!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

It's times like this that make me glad the one type of thread I've never posted to are political threads...
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Imagus

I'd guess you are aware she wasn't really American? I met Nicola Bryant once, and she's more English than me!
    Yeah, I remember her eps with Peter Davidson. I thought it was funny that she seemed to have a stronger accent than the doctor. I suppose it's not as easy to find American or Canadian actors of high caliber on the island.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Yeah, I remember her eps with Peter Davidson. I thought it was funny that she seemed to have a stronger accent than the doctor. I suppose it's not as easy to find American or Canadian actors of high caliber on the island.
    Actually, there were plenty, and they wanted to hire one. She cheated and put on the accent, and it was three months before she admitted the truth
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Unhappy

Well this is diappointing. a few weeks ago I left to get deployed with my unit oversees. I told myself that when I found a computer with Internet access(apparently I have) I would tell you folks here how I was doing and my perspective on these current events from my new postion in the world. I don't know why but I have had fun talking to you all about these subjects. I feel fustrated at not being able to share my views with you all but I will respect the moderators wishes. I will most likely not be able to post about other subjects. I am cut off from Trek, Sci fi, and RPGs.

If you are interested. I have made it as far east as New Jersey and now we wait.
    Some define peace as the absense of war. I rather define it as the prevailance of liberty

Originally posted by Kevin
    If you are interested. I have made it as far east as New Jersey and now we wait.
    Lemme guess...Fort Dix? Don't get too swept up in the wild ways of Wrightstown
    Insert something clever