Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Don... - And Good TV

Thanks Don... - And Good TV

Woo Hoo...

I can come back here again without avoiding over 50% of the posts... Cheers for calling a breather on political posts.

SO. In that view. What do we talk about?

Good TV - Well theres Taken and 24... But it could get political? Worth a risk in my book.

OK so over here in the UK we are a week off the second series of 24. So, without spoilers.

Is it worth it?

Should they have really called it 48?

If its 24, when the DVD is released, could this confuse stupid people?

Has anyone actually bought the last 24 DVD and sat down and watched it end to end (for the whole 18 hours)?

And if they make 7 series, would this make it 24/7?

(BTW; Some of this was serious)
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Re: Thanks Don... - And Good TV

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    Woo Hoo...

I can come back here again without avoiding over 50% of the posts... Cheers for calling a breather on political posts.
    Woop woop! Thankee Don!

As for 24, I've only seen the first episode of the series, so I really can't comment on it. I want to rent the first season set and check it out, though.

Other than that, I don't know of any good TV other than reruns of Deep Space Nine and Next Generation. Nothing else on the airwaves interests me now that American football season is over.

Only two shows I watch without fail currently:

Alias
    Stargate SG-1

Okay, you got me--Joe Millionaire also, but that doesn't count!!

re: 24

Season 2 took a nose-dive for me with episode 10. The episode's final twist (and several of the ones before that one) was, at least to me, so thoroughly stupid and unbelievable that I just couldn't enjoy it anymore.

After that I just couldn't care about anything happening, because the writers would simply pull something out of their derrieres in a weak attempt to shock and surprise. And that's just too silly.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

My friend Lizzie bought the 24 DVD, and we watched 6 hours worth straight through...I love it!

But, students as we are (and History ones at that - that means lots of free time), even we haven't found time to watch the whole thing straight through
    "Gandolf Foogray, that was my name." - <i> Gandalf, LotR (Asian Bootleg Subtitles)</i>

Haven't seen 24. For weekly tv, I tend to watch Law & Order (various incarnations) and Enterprise. I think that's about it.

I did just start watcing Buffy on DVD, so I might wind up watching that somewhat regularly as well, but we'll see. Not much time in the week. The week needs an 8th day. "Dansday"
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I watch Stargate SG-1, but mainly because my wife won't let me change the channel.

I haven't seen Alias, but I've heard lots of good things about Jennifer Garner.

I thought Taken was freakin' awesome and hope that it does, in fact, become a weekly series (as I've heard it may).

Has anyone heard anything about the upcoming Sci-Fi channel show 1000 Days? I think its based on the Strikeforce Morituri comic book series, but other than that, I know nothing.

I'd be keen on a World War 2 show along the lines of Band of Brothers (which was some of the best TV I've seen in 20 years).

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Enterprise
    West Wing
    CSI
    Law & Order (all three)
    Crossing Jordan (hey, I like Jill Hennessey )
    ER (now that it's relatively back to normal)
    Farscape (what's left of it )
    NYPD Blue
    Hack
    Whose Line?
    Dragnet (the new one with Ed O'Neill)

Sportscenter
    NHL Hockey
    Rugby, ARF and MISL soccer on Fox Sports World
    The occasional KU basketball game

The History Channel

That's my weekly TV sched. I tend to watch a lot of Law & Order reruns on TNT, while waiting for the good shows to come on the networks.

I would also put Queens Supreme on the list, but I haven't been able to find it on the schedule since its first two episodes. Anyone know what's going on with it?
    Last edited by Sea Tyger; 02-12-2003 at 10:37 AM.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Star Trek TNG reruns wich I had never seen.

err.... sometimes Enterprise (but I download the episodes on the net because they're not aired here, so this hardly counts as TV)

errr... err...

I'm not much of a TV guy anyway
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by C5

err.... sometimes Enterprise (but I download the episodes on the net because they're not aired here, so this hardly counts as TV)
    It's Downloadable? Really? Where, If only I could find "Angel" that way...<sigh>
    If you give a monkey control over it's environment, it will fill the world with bananas, and whereas that is a great accomplishment, it's still a very stupid thing to do. --Doctor Who #2

Since the new year all the great shows have come together. Why can't they spread them out throughout the year?

Enterprise (double bill on Mondays)
    CSI
    NYPD Blue
    Odysssey 5
    La Femme Nikita
    Buffy
    Angel
    CSI Miami
    Law and Order
    and 24 and Dead Zone starting soon.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Greg Smith

CSI
    Oh, yeah, CSI, too. I knew I was forgetting something....
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    The week needs an 8th day. "Dansday"
    Yep. I agree. All Dans can have an 8th day of the week while the rest of the population goes back to work on Monday.

Now, before the rest of you start to complain that this is Dan-ist, consider that you all get it easy. Poor Don Mappin is in your shoes, going to work Monday morning, while his evil alter ego Dan Moppin puts his feet up, cracks open a tinny and celebrates Dansday.

OK, that was bizzare.

So, heres my top TV.

MASH reruns
    Enterprise
    Jeremiah
    The Dead Zone - series 2 started last night.
    24 series 2 (pretty much a guarantee)
    West Wing
    SG1
    Dharma and Greg
    Moonlighting reruns
    Buffy
    Angel
    and Scrubs...

Problem is that cable TV doesn't know how to spread them out, pretty much all of these are just starting their runs, which will keep me busy ALL Summer, and then have nothing to do when I dont want to go out much next winter!

Bugger

I would watch Alias, but keep missing odd episodes, which plays havoc on the weekly cliff-hanger
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Law & Order (all three)
    Crossing Jordan (hey, I like Jill Hennessey )
    <snip>
    That's my weekly TV sched. I tend to watch a lot of Law & Order reruns on TNT, while waiting for the good shows to come on the networks.

Yeah, I'm dangerous when Law & Order comes on... During marathons I can watch it for hours. And as a bonus, you can get both Jill Hennesy and Law & Order at the same time. Life doesn't get better than that...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster