Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks Don... - And Good TV

I guess I'll jump in here with my list

Enterprise
    Third Watch
    Dead Zone (thats a new one BTW)
    Mail Call
    JAG (on and off)

Gaining a like for Law & Order (after all these years)

Sopranos & Six Feet Under (when there in Season)

Also I am a sitcom junkie, King of Queens, Friends, Life with Bonnie, etc...

As for news I watch Fox and CNN

Umm, . . . . . . Umm

Alright I'll admit it Sex in the City.

Things I watch regularly:

- Farscape (Or at least what's left of Farscape).
    - Stargate SG-1
    - Taken (Very interesting)
    - The X-Files (Last season, I've only got terrestrial TV so I'm way behind the times).
    - Buffy (Season six, I'm hoping season 7 is better).
    - Dark Angel.
    - Charmed (It's on before Dark Angel and it has Alyssa Milano in it. That makes it worth watching).
    - ST: TNG Reruns (about midway through season 4).
    - Cleopatra 2525 (It's like watching a car crash. I guess that it can't get any worse but it does on a weekly basis).
    - Boomtown.
    - CSI.
    - CSI: Miami.
    - Law And Order.
    - NYPD Blue (British terrestrial TV has CSI, Boomtown and NYPD Blue all on Tuesday nights).

Taken's back on on Saturday night and 24 series 2 starts on Sunday. It's going to be a interesting weekend, TV wise.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Let's see what I like to watch...

Star Trek: Enterprise
    Star Trek: TNG
    Jeopardy
    and the News

Those are my favorite shows!

Farscape
    Buffy
    Angel
    Scrubs
    Samurai Jack
    X-Men Evolution
    Clone High

P.S. Dan Stack. Don't start watching now, you will ruin the other seasons for you, just stick to the DVDs and reruns on FX and Fox and you should be fine

Enterprise
    Twillite zone
    Smallville
    Andromeda
    Mutant X
    TNG Reruns
    Everybody Loves Raymond (Peter Boyle And the brother kills me!

CSI!!!! Just bought a Who album to get the theme tune! CSI: Miami has still to grow on me though. And I still want Greg (the lab guy) to actually become a field CSI (as a fellow lab guy)...

Shooting Stars (comedy showbizzy-bizzy-bollocks quiz)

Stargate SG-1

TNG reruns

And that's about it. I wish Enterprise actually entertained me or didn't insult my intelligence enough for me to watch it, but there ya go...
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

I'm afraid its a sad trek day for my TV....

I can only tape one thing on a Monday night at 8pm....

And 've decided I'm better off watching withcblade. At least I give a stuff about the charactes in that.

So no Enteprise. The first time I've ever not watched a Trek show first time it comes out.

Man.

later days!

Mark
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'

I just dont get this...

Originally posted by pathstrider

And 've decided I'm better off watching withcblade. At least I give a stuff about the charactes in that.

Mark
    I keep seeing that people love this show, from the messages of sorrow on the thread about its cancellation, to its choice over Trek...

I tried, really tried to get into it... But in the end gave up, in my mind it was over-acted, 2D Characters, annoying concept... Like I said, thats what my mind recognised as the elements to why I could'nt be bothered with it...

Am I missing some vital componant about this show? Is there a secret element that I may have missed? Is it in the subliminals? Please, Do Tell why you like it...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Firstly, it appeals to me in a highlander sorta way - some similar concepts (Past lives, the struggle with the inner human drakness,etc...)

Also, I find some of the characters quite clever - even the supposedly shallow new-partner tunred out to have reasons why he was so shallow. Umm...

An example:

In the movie (Bear in mind I'm just getting into it here, so bear with me) we see his house, which is far to expensive. So, the obivous thought there is 'He's on the take' . As a side thing, an astute viewer might notice a lot of surf posters.

Later on, we find out that it's _him_ in the posters - he used to be a surf champ until he got to old for it. There's lots of nice clues like that thoughout it. PLus, he's actually the first male character who is a 'lad' who is honestly trying to grow up in a meaningful way.

umm.... other things. I like the lead actrees (And hope she kicks her drink problem soon) - I actually feel sorry for the character as the witchblade forces her to kill people (And the crap this gets her in cause it's a cop).

Basically, from the little I've seen I like the potential - which is something I've never felt about Enteprise.

Plus, it's arty (Sometimes too much so) - but I like that. At least it shows the diretors are willing to at least _try_ new shots. The slow down for bullet deflection isn't MATRIX quality - but the technique is innovatively used. And I can respect that if they don't have the money, they have the will.

later days!

MArk
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'