Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mixed Species heritage

Originally posted by Roxby:
    These would have to be exceptional (and from a Deltan standpoint aberrant) circumastances. Deltans would be highly unlikely to take advantage of a sexually immature species like a human.

...and the last time I checked 'Irish' wasn't a species
    Well... CPT Decker and the Deltan from ST:I definetely had SOMETHING going on in their past... SF Deltans take an oath of celebacy, nothing is said of NON-SF Deltans.

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

Question

What do people think of a mixed Orion/Human..

One of the players in the Academy game I am in is playing one and the combination seems like it could have problems...on top of this the character is psionic!!!

Just wondering what the masses think of this concept/combination?...

Thanks

Thumbs down

I'd kill the psi stuff, generic, but that's just me.

I agree but its not my game. This particular player will always buy anything which says it can't be bought after character creation so he doesn't miss out on something cool..

..his last character was the psionic Tellarite who was raised on Vulcan...

In my campaigns I have limited Psi... The only charachters with no qualms about having Psi powers are those from the canon species with Psi (Vulcans/Betazoids and the like)...

A character that comes from a species not known for Psi (or with only very rare cases - eg; Terran and Trill) better have a Very good background...

My general rule of thumb is a side of A4 for each 'gooby' thing about the character... As a GM it helps to control the powergamers as most dont like going into detail, and decent roleplayers will usually give enough plots in that background to keep the game focused for years... But when combined with the other backgrounds...

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"