Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what are the chances...

Originally posted by KillerWhale
    No offense intended in all this - I'm just stating My Own Personal View Of The Editing Business.
    I totally agree with you.

However, how Decipher does (or does not) conduct business is only tangentially related to my point above. When the books come out--they come out. Otherwise, game on. Talk of threats and whatnot doesn't serve any constructive purpose.

Well, not unless you work at a distributor or can put together a 3,000 person petition/ban.

Originally posted by KillerWhale
    I just wanted to say I personnally believe that when a company releases a schedule, then gives very scarce explanations concerning delays, they must not be surprised at some resentment that may create.
    Unfortunately, it's a lose-lose situation for Decipher. If they decide to say to hell with release schedules, and never have one ever again, there will be players coming out of the woodwork complaining about how Decipher doesn't reveal their publication plans or plans for the lines to their customers, and that must mean they're not working on anything or they've lost the license or they're holding onto new product and not releasing it and laughing at us blah blah blah blah blah.

Give these people a break. Decipher has been in the RPG business less than a year and has released eight RPG products between its two lines. All the evidence I can see on the table and a peek now and then behind the scenes suggests to me that whatever issues struck the lines earlier are being ironed out and that we have a whole bunch of kick-ass products coming around the bend.

Remember, people whine more on the internet than anywhere else...it's the anonymity of sitting behind a computer screen, I'm sure...
    "Gandolf Foogray, that was my name." - <i> Gandalf, LotR (Asian Bootleg Subtitles)</i>

Y'know, Ineti, there's always the third option...

Release a schedule you actually intend to meet, try to meet it, and if you can't, tell people why in a prompt and timely manner, and revise your schedule to reflect the delay.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the Better Business Bureau.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook