Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starship Combat Cards

Very cool Mike! I know FMT but never played it... But I'll DL the file as I know some people who have the game

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

So Okatu Mike, any chance on an update?

sorry for the delays

Well, due to lots of unrelated but still annoying matters, I couldn't do much progress in the last days. But the skies are clearing, and you can expect an upload on next monday

Otaku MIke (sorry for the minor dyslexia in the previous post) I await your wounderous work

Cool Here they are !

That's it, the cards are finished and available for download. Of course, being graphics heavy, the PDF files weights a pretty 4.3 Mo.
    All the cards are there (basic ones and from Starships) + enough blank cards to create your own maneuvers.

Not having webspace handy, I uploaded it on my job's server. I would greatly appreciate if anyone voluntered to host the baby so that I could remove it from there. Thanks a lot.

Here it is : http://www.irasec.com/~ftpuser/ST_Combat_Cards.pdf

It would be my pleasure Mike

Is that okay with you sir?

Great work man, great work

Just in case it is you can download them here

Enjoy folks

Thank you very much Aslan. I owe you one

card backs

Earlier, someone asked for cards with the colors of a Star Trek faction, such as Federation, Klingon or Romulan.
    I think I can offer one alternative.
    What if I design 8 backs at the same size as the combat cards, a set of 8 with Starfleet colors, another set of 8 for Klingons, and so on... So that you can customize the deck to your colors?
    Let me know what you think of that, and please give me some feedback on the design of the cards.

Very very cool. I love the design. It actually makes playing with the current incarnation of Starship Combat rules look very attractive to me.

Something I did for my Amber Diceless Trump cards not too long ago was to print my portraits for the characters out on Address labels, then transfer the Address labels to Index Cards. This worked out extremely well. The largest Address labels I found that would fit on an Index Card (some were larger than the cards) was 2x4. I did it all in Word since Word had the Address Label information all set up. Any thoughts on making these cards fit something along those lines?
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Hmm, sorry, I'm not that proficient with Word. Especially because IIRC, paper format changes from place to place (ie, A4 is standard in France, while "letter format" is its rough equivalent in US, but not exactly the same sizes).
    Moreover, the graphic part is done under Photoshop and Illustrator as 4 single pages displaying 8 cards each, and right now I'm a bit lazy to cut it into individual cards and resize them to fit labels. But if anyone's interested, they're welcome.

Talking Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Moriarti and Mike:
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

These are Wonderful! You guys made my day!

If you liked it, vote 5 stars for this thread

Oh, by the way, if any of you made use of the blank cards and created some new Combat Card, let us know.
    I'll add them to the next update.

How about this idea...

A long time ago, there was a ST:TNG computer game called "A Final Unity." In the game there was starship combat where you could "fly" the Enterprise or call maneuvers to Worf and he would execute them. There was a "Warp Away" type manveuver that I would like to put in the game but unsure on how to go about it. And Warp combat would be neat too! If they "warp away" a counter maneuver for being in warp. I'm think Torpedoes if in warp but I'm not sure if it is kinda already there. What do you think?

7 of 11
    A
    7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!