Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Starship Combat Cards

There was a "Warp Away" type manveuver
    I think this is a use for the disengae manveuver.

bump

Anyone else tried them and would like to comment on the cards?

I showed them to my girlfriend, and she liked them so much I was actually able to get her to learn enough of the starship combat rules that we could do it by the rules and not just by GM's fiat.

And it actually worked out really smoothly too.

Thumbs up

Terrific work, Mike, although it would be even cooler if there were a page of blank cards which took advantage of the Adobe forms option so anyone could create new maneuver cards in the proper fonts to match the existing ones. It also might be nice to have a set with the additional maneuvers from Killer Whale's "Extended Starship Operations" sourcebook.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Thanks.
    I'd love to do a page with forms. I just lack the knowledge about how to do that. My use of Acrobat is still at the beginner level.

About KillerWhale's sourcebook : It's news to me. Where can I download it? I'd be happy to add them to the current batch.
    [edit] Ignore that. I found it. The problem is that I can't download 20+ Mo on my turtle 56k internet connection. Could someone send me the relevant excerpt from ESO?
    Last edited by otaku mike; 02-16-2004 at 10:06 AM.

wow, someone did alot of work. thanks alot!
    live long and prosper

Font Question

Where can I get the fonts you used?
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?

Thumbs up

This is incredible stuff you've put together!
    Thanks for all the work from myself and my crew.
    "We will never have great leaders as long as we mistake education for intelligence, ambition for ability, and lack of transgression for integrity."

Re: Font Question

Originally posted by Shoshuro
    Where can I get the fonts you used?
    I don't remember where I got it nor I know where you can get it now, but the font I used was "BoostSSK".
    If I'm correct, it is almost the same font as the Babylon 5 title font.

Originally posted by Moriarti
    Ok, Here we go, I hope I Say all this right...

Starship Combat Sequence, Modified for Combat Cards.

1) Establish Initial Range (Just Like Normal)

2) Choose Primary Targets

3) Select Maneuvers (OK, every ship in play should have it's own set of combat cards, Now, every maneuver is represented once, and you can do the same maneuver multiple times in a turn, So it's up to you if you want to print out more cards to scavenge from or if only one card is picked, it counts as you.. up to you.) Go ahead and pick the appropriate number of maneuvers you're going to do this turn. Lay them Face down on the table. In order.

4) Roll Initiative: The Big initial Tactics Test, Whoever Wins Initiative *may* be able to see a variable number of their opponents cards, after having done so, the winner may then change their selected maneuvers.
    (It was suggested by a person who designed the ship combat system that this ability only occurs once, at the beginning of any given ship combat, and not every round, regardless if you decide to roll initiave every round, or only once.)

5) Reveal Maneuvers and Execute: According to Initiative: Descending.

6) Return to Step 3, (skipping over #4 as desired)
    I would like to point out that I use the cards a lot and that I think your instructions are wrong. I get the feeling besides the initial round where u can possibly see ur opp manuevers, you only choose ur manuevers when ITS UR TURN and not at the top of the round as u suggest. If I am wrong please correct me.

Download problem

Aslan or Mike am unable to download the cards; Getting the dreaded page not available message
    I was born in a camp on Bajor- I joined the Resistance at 12 to fight for my people and my freedom. I joined Starfleet to help KEEP that freedom. As the Prophets will it I shall not fail you, Captain.

Lt.Commander Varin Rel-Former Starfleet Special Operatons officer-now assigned to the USS LUMUMBA-NCC-78245 as CTO.

I tried on the big d/l myself. Maybe he had to pull it off the work server?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

I checked the Internet Archive for a copy, but Aslan's site had not been backed up on their servers since January of this year, nor did otaku mike's site appear.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Having technical troubles..

Site should be back up within the week.

Sorry for the problems

New Cards

I do not know who created this original graphic card, but I took it and put together all of the original maneuvers from both the NG and Starships.

Enjoy...
    Attached Files Attached Files