Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Starship Combat Cards

Ok I've extracted the original backdrops at 300 DPI as CMYK TIFF's - I can't attach the original file as it's a whopping 4.5 mb, but I do have it if people want it!

Unfortunatelly I can't hack open the files, other than extract the images, as I don't have the original fonts. on my system
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ta Muchly

Thank you very much for those. Would you also be able to upload the Tier 1 Helm and Tactical maneuver templates (single dots on the bottom left). Personally I can edit these and correct them for Tier 1 maneuvers with no problem, but others might not have the software, patience, or expertise to go through with this.

On a related topic, now that I have these, anyone that is interested in having their custom maneuvers added to this template with Otaku Mike's original font, send me an email at therayj @ yahoo . com and I can get these done pretty quickly in my spare time. Since Mike seems to be having a little trouble getting these back up I'll go ahead and rebuild the set from scratch with these TIFFs and compile a PDF with the NG, Starships, and ESO maneuvers on them. I'll post here again when I ahve the new file ready for distribution

Oh, and Tobian, could you email me the original PDF to the address above? Having the originals done will save work and mean I can get the update done faster. I'll be able to host the file for download on my website when I'm done.

Well lets just say: However Mike did them originally, it wasn't the most... efficient... method! Each page was 1 300 DPI composite background image! So I copied them from out of illustrator and into Photoshop, and cut them out.. I didn't notice the dots were different - oops It would likelly be more efficient if it re-uses the same background and paints on clipped 'dot' images. If you're going to do it, then i will let you, but I can easilly do this in In-design, it's just the typing part which I can;t be bothered to do
    Ta Muchly

I completely understand not wanting to go back and retype all this stuff. I've been working on my own campaign setting for D&D in some of my spare time, and the setting has a big emphasis on the oriental base classes. Updating all the Shugenja spells to 3.5 (from the Rokugan campaign setting books) and reformatting them for my own "book" in InDesign has taken me quite some time despite the shortcuts I was able to work in.

I set up a standard photoshop file, using the different backgrounds as layers already. This will allow me to go ahead and do any individual or custom maneuver without having to lay it out in a series. I will go ahead and set up an InDesign layout with 5 different master copies. That looks like it will provide the least amount of typing. Is that about what you had in mind?

Also, the standard font set used for these cards is Serpentine. I'm having a hard time finding the font used for the maneuver type (denoted by "H" "C" or "T" on the cards. Could someone point me in the right direction? I have way too many fonts on file to expect to find it in a reasonable amount of time otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    Ok I've extracted the original backdrops at 300 DPI as CMYK TIFF's - I can't attach the original file as it's a whopping 4.5 mb, but I do have it if people want it!

Unfortunatelly I can't hack open the files, other than extract the images, as I don't have the original fonts. on my system
    Super awesome. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RayJ
    I set up a standard photoshop file, using the different backgrounds as layers already. This will allow me to go ahead and do any individual or custom maneuver without having to lay it out in a series
    Heyy.....could you email me that Photoshop file or make it available here?

Chances are... a 300DPI photoshop file with at least 3 of those in it ain't gonna fit as an attatchment either! I had to make 3 seperate Zip files because I couldn't fit them all in one floppy sized attachment

Maybe we can ask Magnus to up the upload size or just ask him nicelly to put it in a ftp older for us somewhere I can host files within reason on my server, but I don't want to take a lend, as I am only borrowing it from a friend
    Ta Muchly

Would you mind emailing me the zip file?

Well lets just say: However Mike did them originally, it wasn't the most... efficient... method! Each page was 1 300 DPI composite background image!
    Yeah, I know, I'm a bit ashamed at that. That was my debut with acrobat and the whole pdf thing.
    Do you guys still need some stuff from the original files? I lost the illustrator files in a HD crash, but I still have the pdf and the fonts (I think). Just let me know.

Mike

Does anyone still need any of my files, I wasn't sure if Ineti was talking to me or RayJ there?
    Ta Muchly

Otaku_Mike: I could use the font used for the letters "C", "H", and "T" tod enote type of card on the left side. I'm sure I have it in my library somewhere, but haven't had the time to go searching for it, as I don't recognize the specific font from those 3 characters alone.

Once I have all that worked out, I'll upload the photoshop file to my webspace and available for public use!

Does anyone still need any of my files, I wasn't sure if Ineti was talking to me or RayJ there?
    Sorry, my request was directed at you, Tobian.

Ok 'cause that's confusing. The 3 Zip files I uploaded were more or less the same as my photoshop template, I just cribbed and cropped them out of the sheet, absolutelly losslessly, so it's no different than the contents of my photoshop file! I ssuspect RayJ has worked them upo into something more useful now anyway, as they had an odd number of dots on them, as I didn't pay attention when i copied and pasted hehe
    Ta Muchly