Thread: Starships content

Starships content

At 200 some-odd pages and only 35 ships will we be seeing info on ship interiors ,registry numbers,pages and pages of ship histories or what?Seems like they could put in a whole lot more ships in.I hope they include the Saber.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

I'm thinking there's more than ship stats and descriptions though. Like a more detailed construction system for instance, and probably more maneuvers and combat options.

-- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Re: Starships content

Originally posted by Lowly Uhlan
    At 200 some-odd pages and only 35 ships will we be seeing info on ship interiors ,registry numbers,pages and pages of ship histories or what?Seems like they could put in a whole lot more ships in.I hope they include the Saber.
    Don't forget the revised and expanded starship construction and combat rules...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Oh yeah! I'm waiting for these expanded rules!
    I've heard Don answer one too many time "This rule is expanded/corrected in the starship book"...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Each ship has a 4-page spread (with a few exceptions), hence the length. Plus, as Doug pointed out, the beginning chapter of all the new/advanced construction rules.

I don't believe the Saber is in the book but you can easily build it. I think it would be nice if Jesse or Doug could actually give a definitive list of what's in the book--that question comes up a lot.

Yes it would be nice if a list of ships in the book was posted.I'll be upgrading my crew's ship and I'm making my decision based on which one's appropriate vs. how much official material there is.Designing starships is fun but i don't really have time to make deckplans ' ect.,and theres plenty of those available(official or otherwise).By the way Jesse,if you read this whats the status of the playtest applications?
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf