Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argo and Company!

Argo and Company!

I am currently working on Vehicle Construction Rules; like the Argo.

I have all of the tables layed out and am writing all the text inside the actual "chapter". It is not one sided for War or Diplomatic purposes. Would anyone be interested in play testing it?

Also would anyone actually use this in their game?

I'd love to!

I'd love to play test the vehicle construction. I am playing a campaign where the characters are mercenaries on their own ship that uses stolen fed tech (ablative armor and q-torps) and they run illegal activities from whoever their employers are. They have also stolen several fighters to help them out.

Vehicles would be great and they would fit in perfectly with our gaming style. If you send me a copy I'd love to test 'em, just tell me what kind of notes you want me to make about them and stuff.

Lonoto

I would definetly use them .The episode I'm writing right now is going to require a skimmer .My freighter crew has discovered an SCE crew that needs rescuing on a planet rich in kelbonite(no transporters)and they need a way to get around.The Argo in Nemesis was definetly cool.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

Yes I would! I have also come up with a home made vehicle rules and structure system for Coda Trek. I melded a d20 system and took elements from LUG trek. But If anyone has better ideas, than mine them YES I would sure be interested. This is one area that Star Trek rpgs in general have missed out on touching. I know the majority of the time characters are on starships and when going off the ship they simply "beam" where ever it is they need to go. But more than once I've had to "improvise" something when my players get frisky and steal a vehicle, or want to do a holodeck nascar race or something else totally wild that the rules in general don't cover.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

I wouldn't have any chance to playtest it, but I'd be willing to look at it if you e-mail them to me.
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Please email me the rules. I would love to try them out in my game.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Vehicle rules

I have come up with a set of vehicle rules for Star Trek. I simply based it on the rules in Lord of the Rings rpg for atacking Fortifications, and went from there. The rules are pretty simple and I can email a copy to naybody who wants to take a peak or post them here, which ever you guys want.

Post 'em here.

Vehicles for Coda Trek

Vehicle/Structure size Dimensions (meters) L/B/H Structure

1 Miniscule 1-1.5 1-2
    2 Tiny 1.6-2.5 3-5
    3 Little 2.6-5.0 6-10
    4 small 5.1-10 11-20
    5 Medium 10.1-25 21-40
    6 Large 25.6-50 41-60
    7 Mammoth 50.1-99 61-80
    8 Huge 100-149 81-100
    9 Gigantic 150-299 101-120
    10 Titanic 300-399 121-150
    11 Gargantuan 400-499 151-200
    12 Colossal 500-599 201-400

Type-1 phasers do 3d6 structure points at maximum damage. Type-2, 3, and 4 phasers have an offensive value of 4 or less, so the do 6d6+8 points of damage at maximum power (setting 16). “Damage” represents the damage done to fortifications. Any successful hit by a heavy weapon on an individual person automatically slays that person- except for fire. Protection represents the vehicle or structures “armor”: how much damage its walls, or hull can absorb without harm. Structure represents its “Health”: how much damage it can withstand, beyond its Protection, before it collapses or is destroyed.
    Starships generally inflict far more damage to vehicles than other starships. For every point of Penetration they have on their beam or missile weapon ratings, they roll 3d6+4 points of damage to a Structure or vehicle, with the typical area effect being one city block. However vehicles must inflict significant damage to have any effect on a starship. Every 18 points of vehicle damage has an offensive value of 1.
    Also when characters attack vehicles or structures most of the time the damage is simply ignored. Unless otherwise stated assume the damage to be insignificant to the structure or vehicle and no damage to its structure was incurred. If the damage from a single attack equals 32 points of damage or more however then roll 1d6 structure points of damage. This does not mean that the vehicle or structures Protection is able to completely stop the damage from a characters weapon. To determine if the damage was able to penetrate the “armor” of a vehicle or structure, the narrator multiplies its Protection attribute by 4. In this case any damage that makes it through may then be applied to characters using the structure or vehicle as cover, and they are targeted, or at the Narrators discretion other vital systems such as the engine or sensors, weapons or propulsion can be targeted with an Extraordinary Success and damaged.
    Collisions between vehicles do their size level x 1d6 +1 for every 10 kph they are traveling.
    Other Attributes similar to starships are also given to vehicles while structures mainly only have Structure and Protection, which is determined by what the vehicle or structure is constructed from. Below is an example vehicle.

Starfleet AOV
    Body Data:
    Size/Decks: 3/1
    Length/Height/Beam: 5.1/2.1/1.8 meters
    Protection/Structure: 1/6
    Complement: 3
    Operational Data:
    Cargo Units: 300 kg
    Sensor System: Basic (A)
    Operations System: Basic (A)
    Life Support: none
    Propulsion Data:
    Drive System: (Ground/B) 4 wheeled drive powered by two saruim-krellide power cells.
    Speed; 160 km/h.
    Weapon Systems:
    Phaser cannon Type-1 (A)
    Range: 5/60/120/240/+60
    Arc: turret rear
    Damage: 3d6+4
    Ammo: unlimited
    Defensive Systems: none

Vehicle Notes:
    Protection from AOV provides half cover +6 to hit.

Please forgive the lack of spaces on the stats

Oops! It apears that the spaces between the sizes didn't come out quite right. For example a Size level 12 Colossal structure is 500 to 599 meters on at least one of its dimensions like height for example and it would have between 201 and 400 structure. Sorry about the screw up. and if anybody has any better ideas please let me know, I'd love to see your ideas.

The vehicle construction rules that I am working on our still being playtested and refined as of March 3, 2003

I look forward to seeing your work. I also worked out damage for things like modern U.S. Naval firepower and strength. For example a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier has Protection 14 and 145 structure (Vehicle/Structure scale).

Any word as to when your vehicle rules will be done?

They are coming slowly but surely. With baseball and school work being top priority I am having some time conflicts. But they are coming

Wink

Cool!!! Can't wait to see'em....