Thread: "The Lost Battalion"

"The Lost Battalion"

Well...I'm probably way behind the times here...

...but I just saw "The Lost Battalion" on Foxtel yesterday for the first time.

And I thought it was sensational - I was greatly surprised to learn that it was a made-for-Tv movie; it would have been great on the big screen.

Excellent watch, methinks, provided you don't mind graphic violence (ala "Saving Private Ryan", but not quite as realistic).
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

It originally aired on A&E here back in December of 01. It was decent I thought, but being the military nuts and bolts guy that I am there are problems that grated on me. Though I loved the "you know who your fighting? Gangster from New York thats who" line duirng the German interroagtion of the one US prisoner.

A&E is starting to make alot of really good historical stuff most notably and recently Shakalton (?) with Kennith Branagh. There is a Napolean filming coming in March/April and of course the Hornblower series is still under way.

Frankly, I thought Lost Battalion was incredibly boring, and little Ricky Schroeder trying to be a grownup didn't help...

More Hornblower would be great, but what I really want to see is more Scarlet Pimpernel with Richard Grant.